HOW THE SOUTH EXPRESSES ITS POLITICS!

For topics that don't fit into any of the other forums: politics, rant-n-raves, cool web sites, anything and everything goes!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Marco Zee

Post by Marco Zee »

Joe, Gary, & Hugh,

I am going to refer you guys to remedial reading comprehension classes.

I never said we should nuke everyone.

Nor did I say that we should torture everyone.

I stated the simple historical fact that we ( the US Gov.) intentionally nuked tens of thousands of Japanese civilians to death, and infermed hundreds of thousands of others with radiation poisoning, leukemia, and other subsequent various cancers. These were not military targets, but civilians working in industrial cities.

And that we should reserve the right to use our nukes, and use torture, in extreme cases, not as routine policy in treatment of ordinary prisoners or legitimate POW's.

Like I said, the terrorists shoud FEAR the USA, both in battle and in capture.

Just for the record, the only torture and execution going on in Cuba is in Cuban-run prisons run by Castro....but I don't hear you Libs whining about those prisoner abuses....I guess it's hard to blame Bush for those ones...so best to ignore it......keep repeating Abu Graib...Abu Graib...Abu Graib......

Where is the "constructive criticism" from the Left, as Lieberman asked? It is absent...they have nothing positive to offer this country or to contribute to the victory over our adversaries. Completely useless.

Marco
mcelrah

HOW THE SOUTH EXPRESSES ITS POLITICS!

Post by mcelrah »

sigh...there's a whole historical argument about whether Hiroshima
and Nagasaki were really necessary. There's not much doubt that
these bombings, and the firebombing of Tokyo and Dresden, among
others - deliberately targeting large civilian populations - were
immoral and illegal under the law of armed conflict. Whether
"necessary" or not, these acts were not something that we should be
particularly proud of. - Hugh
Marco Zee

Post by Marco Zee »

Bin Laden and his followers often cite "US Atrocities" in Japan and Vietnam as one of their justifications for their war against us, as well as our support for Israel.

Since we cannot change history with regards to Japan, and we are not going to abandon Israel, anything else we do to appease them will not change the terrorist's perceptions of the USA.

Therefore, using or not using torture on these maniacs will not affect their perception of the USA.

Similarly, peoples or nations who are predisposed to hate the USA have ample information (or misinformation) to do so. Using torture on terrorists in extreme and rare cases, is not going to measurably affect anyone's underlying perception of the USA.

So please "get off your high horse" like the USA is immune from charges of human rights and civilian abuses, and that we are "too civilized" or "too good" to torture these terrorists who are attempting to destroy us.

Marco