Quest Comp Saturday

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Lauren Tjaden

Quest Comp Saturday

Post by Lauren Tjaden »

About 30 pilots, which included those in the sports class, the rigid division, and open division, arrived to compete in the Quest comp this weekend. Dave Glover showed up to download our GPS tracklogs and score. It is pretty much like a real comp but more fun, without the start times and all the courses run around Quest so everyone can compete, even new pilots.
Mitch Shipley was the only one to complete the open course (stiff east wind, OK lift). Campbell beat Paul by 26 seconds around the rigid course, but Paul must leave for Kansas in the AM so he will not be able to try again.
I was the VERY first pilot to launch. I tried the course twice but only got the first waypoint each time. My finish was probably about average but I don't really know until I check out the scores tomorrow. If I did this every day for a month it would be good for my flying! But I got to fly for about an hour and a half in beautiful weather with some good friends.
Anyhow, I had a couple more good landings and really feel like I'm dialing into the new glider. I did some things right today and a few that could have been better decisions.
I need a new name for my glider, though. Angel is just too sickeningly hokey.
The friggin' faucet on our sink ruptured and it is a huge mess so we ended up cutting the party short to come home and try to fix it (which Paul can't do before he leaves, though I bolted into town and bought a new faucet, the damn thing needs these extensions). The party featured BBQ ribs, ala Steve Kroop, and poker, of course, besides lots of beer and pilots.
Gotta go to bed so I can get Paul to the airport early and be back in time to fly. Who knows what I will do with the disaster in the kitchen.
Lauren
mcelrah

Quest Comp Saturday

Post by mcelrah »

Bah! Running water - who needs it? Use a bucket. Fly high and go
far! - Hugh