Blue Sky Sunday

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

breezyk1d

Blue Sky Sunday

Post by breezyk1d »

What a pleasure to work with the Blue Sky team!

The winds were 0-5, Westerly, no lift, no ground turbulence, and Steve had me going up as soon as I could get set up (4ish). Had 3 tows on the S2: 1 full and 2 patterns.

The last of the three, all the pieces came together; launch was smooth, I got the angles more spot-on than I have been, the approach was good, and whee-haw, I managed to do a full flare and land on my feet (except that my keel landed first and knocked me to my knees....).

I find the flare timing is quite different between the Falcon and S2, and I had yet to find the right window to get the glider up. But I managed on the last flight of the day today. So next time, and the time after that, will hopefully demonstrate continued improvement. I'd love to be able to pull off some of those sweeping flares, where the person appears to be swooping through the grass, but then simply stands up with a glider on their back! Lots more work needed to get to that point!

Saw Steve Kinsley, Greg DeWolfe, Jason from the far South, Tim, Daniel, Charlyn, Peter, and a couple folk I did not know the names of. I don't believe anyone found much lift. An stunningly beautifully clear day - the mountains were just visible in the distance.

An enormous thank you to Steve Wendt for taking the time to talk me through an analysis of each launch, approach, and landing, and for working with me to get me well situated on the Sport2.

Not ready for the mountains yet ! :D - Linda
stevek

Post by stevek »

Saw Steve Kinsley, Greg DeWolfe, Jason from the far South, Tim, Daniel, Charlyn, Peter, and a couple folk I did not know the names of. I don't believe anyone found much lift. An stunningly beautifully clear day - the mountains were just visible in the distance

Hey Now!!. Lots of lift! I got 35 minutes for FOD. Jason got 26. The guy flying the superfloater wa Billy Vaughan
breezyk1d

Sunday

Post by breezyk1d »

My mistake! 8)
That's right - Billy was super floatin', and Steve was FOD'ing, while I was making kneeholes and pogostick holes in the supersod!