More Coronet

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

jimrooney

More Coronet

Post by jimrooney »

Our morning tandems cancelled, so of course I headed directly over to Coronet. My PG is now a fixture in my car in case the random opportunity to fly presents itself. I got lucky in that my phone stayed quiet (no additional tandems) and I got to fly all day. Me and Kevin (the tandem pilot) are currently on call 7 days a week till Joel (other tug pilot) gets here... so having a day to just screw off is a bit of a treat. Don't get me wrong, life ain't bad, but I haven't gotten to thermal in over a month... the tug's fun and all, but it ain't no glider. So let me tell ya... when I bumped into that little pipsqueak of a thermal today... BOYA-DADDY! Did I freaking drool all over myself! Too bad I'm not good enough to be allowed to fly in real thermal stuff. Patience.

Anyway, beautiful day. Nice flights. Freindly people. Pics on my site (jimrooney.com)

Cheers,
Jim