Fall CHGPA Meeting, Next Wednesday, 10/26, 8pm, Vienna, VA

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

hang_pilot

Post by hang_pilot »

The Fall meeting is next week.? We have a full and interesting agenda: you should come.? As we’re so close to Halloween, we’ll have a door prize for the person wearing the most door prize-worthy hang gliding or paragliding t-shirt.? You should come. ?
?
Kelvin and Susan Pierce have graciously offered the use of their home for the meeting.? The address is 8830 Old Courthouse Road, Vienna, VA, 22182.? There’s no smoking.? Dave Proctor, you should come. ?
?
We’ll provide sodas and I will be pouring the world’s finest gins and tonic to share: you should come. If I have not covered your drink of choice, please bring whatever that is and a snack to share would be nice, too.?
?
Here’s the Tentative Agenda:
?
1) Presentation by a member of the Shenandoah Mountain Rescue Group on incident site procedures (still confirming w. SMRG)
2) Discussion of project to re-open dormant training hills
3) Pulpit awards ceremony
4) Planning the Christmas party
5) Discussion of proposal to install a paragliding launch at High Rock
6) Viewing the High Rock 30th DVD
?
Hope to see everyone there!
?
Fly high,
Daniel
Cell 301.275.6584
?
P.S.? Thanks to Matthew for suggesting a fun location for this meeting.? After he put down the crack pipe, we decided a stretch limo wouldn’t really satisfy our needs.
P.S.S. I’m willing to carpool with anyone from the 12 o’ clock side of the Beltway.

?
?
?
LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
?
Seeing Beyond Money is a service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]
mcelrah

Post by mcelrah »

Yeah, I'd like to carpool - that means you remember how to get there, right? - Hugh

>From: "Broxterman.Daniel" <Daniel.Broxterman@suntrust.com>
>Date: Thu Oct 20 10:02:21 CDT 2005
>To: hg_forum@chgpa.org
>Subject: Fall CHGPA Meeting, Next Wednesday, 10/26, 8pm, Vienna, VA

>
>The Fall meeting is next week.? We have a full and interesting agenda: you should come.? As we're so close to Halloween, we'll have a door prize for the person wearing the most door prize-worthy hang gliding or paragliding t-shirt.? You should come. ?
>?
>Kelvin and Susan Pierce have graciously offered the use of their home for the meeting.? The address is 8830 Old Courthouse Road, Vienna, VA, 22182.? There's no smoking.? Dave Proctor, you should come. ?
>?
>We'll provide sodas and I will be pouring the world's finest gins and tonic to share: you should come. If I have not covered your drink of choice, please bring whatever that is and a snack to share would be nice, too.?
>?
>Here's the Tentative Agenda:
>?
>1) Presentation by a member of the Shenandoah Mountain Rescue Group on incident site procedures (still confirming w. SMRG)
>2) Discussion of project to re-open dormant training hills
>3) Pulpit awards ceremony
>4) Planning the Christmas party
>5) Discussion of proposal to install a paragliding launch at High Rock
>6) Viewing the High Rock 30th DVD
>?
>Hope to see everyone there!
>?
>Fly high,
>Daniel
>Cell 301.275.6584
>?
>P.S.? Thanks to Matthew for suggesting a fun location for this meeting.? After he put down the crack pipe, we decided a stretch limo wouldn't really satisfy our needs.
>P.S.S. I'm willing to carpool with anyone from the 12 o' clock side of the Beltway.
>
> ?
> ?
> ?
> LEGAL DISCLAIMER
>The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
>?
>Seeing Beyond Money is a service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc.
>[ST:XCL]
hang_pilot

Re: Fall CHGPA Meeting, Next Wednesday, 10/26, 8pm, Vienna,

Post by hang_pilot »

[quote="mcelrah"]Yeah, I'd like to carpool - that means you remember how to get there, right? - Hugh

I remember how to enter the address in google maps and then I'll remember it's where the road narrows. We'll get something more specific on the website or on the forum shortly.

~Daniel