Nice Day in Texas - Boat Launch

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

ChuckPyle

Nice Day in Texas - Boat Launch

Post by ChuckPyle »

I had?the lake-tow operations all?to myself (and Gregg Ludwig -- equipment owner/operator) Saturday on Lake Conroe?-- and what a day it was!? Lot's of bouyant air with bits of lift sufficient to energize my vario and extend each of my four flights.? Wind coming in lightly from the north made for a couple of "no-step" landings.? Yes I did say "no-step".? The water is low on the lake so the island is more exposed than normal.? A few weeks ago I'd been landing in three feet of water at that spot -- Saturday's landing was high and dry!? Four excellent flights with the final landing in the marina at the house.? Three of the four releases were between 2200 and 2600 feet.? A little burst of boat traffic on the lake cut one release to 1560'? As usual, all Gregg's equipment performed flawlessly -- the softness of the nose release and launch is like "butter-smooth".? It was an incredible finish to the lake season (unless Gregg calls an improtu flight day!).?
You know it's been a good day when the "smiles" linger on like a warm after-glow,
Chuck