Nice day in Florida

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Paul Tjaden

Nice day in Florida

Post by Paul Tjaden »

We've been enjoying some crappy weather here for the last couple of weeks. Well... not really that bad but not flyable with lots of low clouds and rain and wind. But today we finally got a weak cool front to push this stuff off to the south and had a really geat day.

I knew it was gonna be good when Lauren (who had released from tow at about 400 feet to do landing practice) cored a thermal and skyed out. I had been standing out in the field with the video camera to shoot her landing but when she appeared to be at about 1,000 feet I decided she wasn't coming down for a while and headed for my glider. Got a couple of hours up to CB at 4,500 feet and ran our little course around Quest that I told you about in an earlier post. Had my best time yet at just over 30 minutes for the 14 mile course.

Hope you guys get in some air time tomorrow. If it was blown out today, it should be good the next day.

Paul T.

P.S. The 2006 season has just started with the on line HG contest. Last year I really enjoyed logging my XC flights and comparing my efforts to other pilots here in the US and around the world. It's a bit of a hassle to register but if I can do it....anyone can. Give it a try! The link is http://www2.onlinecontest.org then click on the box that says "DHV on line contest Hang gliders/ Paragliders".