Gary Smith's video

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

hepcat1989

Gary Smith's video

Post by hepcat1989 »

With all the heart ache that we as a club have been dealing with over the loss of Bill. I would like to offer a suggestion.Spark, and I went to Gary's house one Friday evening to compare footage of the pulpit fly-in we both had taken.Gary broke out a dvd he had put together himself. The dvd captures the reason why all of us do this deed. The happy side of flying, and pilots we all know! I have bought many hg videos-party at cloudbase, hg extreme, blah blah...Gary's video FAR surpasses anything I have bought! I said to Gary that he could make some money with that, but because of the great selection of tunes he put into it he can't. Copywrite laws and such. TOO BAD. All of the footage that had to be gathered to put it together,-MAN!! Great Work Gary!!!!! Quit your day job, for you have another avenue of revenue!
Peace, Shawn.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Good point Shawn---I won a copy of Gary's DVD at the fly-in, and I agree---it's great! Gary, we should talk---I'm sure I could compose/record some good original music for that video (with the help of Sparky, Brian, and others---what do you guys think? A CHGPA recording session!)

Scott
Spark

Post by Spark »

Scott wrote: ... I'm sure I could compose/record some good original music for that video (with the help of Sparky, Brian, and others---what do you guys think? A CHGPA recording session!)
Scott
I'd really like to work on a project like that. Dennis Pagen wrote a pretty cool tune - I'm hoping to hear it again at Hyner next weekend.
'Spark
hang_pilot

Gary Smith's video

Post by hang_pilot »

...moment of clarity I feel like sharing

While running the raffle at the fly-in, Spark handed me Gary's DVD to give away as a prize (Scott won). I didn't know what it was, saw Rock on it and thought it was a music cd! Now I realize that I totally undersold a very cool prize. Thanks for producing and donating it Gary!

The next meeting, 10/26 at 8pm, has a pretty full agenda. We'll look at screening it depending on time and we'll definitely put it on at the Christmas party.

Best,
Daniel