Fisher Saturday

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

hanging3

Fisher Saturday

Post by hanging3 »

Winds light SE. Waited for a glass off that was not very magical. Got back to launch height in a little bubble then head down to the elbow and maintained ridge height for a couple of passes. Burned it in to the secondary, planned on coming over the barn parallel to the wires but it was so east I turned base and final over the road and landed on top of the spine. Still have to carry out.

Larry,Pete and myself hanging. Bacil came but had people to meet. Matthew,Elle and several others bagging.
Bags did much better in the glass off.
joe b
hanging<10
Matthew

Glass Off???

Post by Matthew »

Excuse me. I was out there thermalling my ass off in light lift in my PG for a good 40 minutes before the so-called glass off. I got up after everyone else had sunk out-- even the great ones: Larry and Pete. And I recall watching you scratch and try to get up while I topped out at 900 over in the light thermals and had the sky to myself till we got the nd of day light glass-off.

Got 1:10 and 900 over.

Jeesh. The one time I do better the Pete L. (actually the 2nd time) I get no credit at all. :)

Matthew
hepcat1989

Post by hepcat1989 »

Boy, Matthew. Is your arm double jointed. It has to be at least sore from patting yourself on the back!!! Easy Killer. Glad you had a good flight. ( no smiley) Shawn.
Matthew

Double Jointed

Post by Matthew »

Actually my shoulders are so stiff I can barely touch my back! And hey, I'm always accurately reporting on everyone else's great flights and giving them their due congrats while at the same time reporting on how much I suck at flying and how I screw up and have crappy flights.

I'm just looking for some accuracy. Is that too much to ask?

Matthew
hepcat1989

Post by hepcat1989 »

Nope! Good flight man.......
Flying Lobster

Re: Double Jointed

Post by Flying Lobster »

Matthew wrote:Actually my shoulders are so stiff I can barely touch my back! And hey, I'm always accurately reporting on everyone else's great flights and giving them their due congrats while at the same time reporting on how much I suck at flying and how I screw up and have crappy flights.

I'm just looking for some accuracy. Is that too much to ask?

Matthew
I think you're a very special guy and an awesome pilot. :wink:

marc
Great Googly-moo!
hanging3

Amended flight report

Post by hanging3 »

Sorry Matthew.....
I forgot to be bi-sensitive....

Flight Report amended:

Yes, Matthew (in a bag) spanked the best hanggliding pilots in PA and myself in some very light lift. He was then joined by many other bags for a nice evening flights while I pulled the leaves off my base tube and then broke down my plumbing and trudged out carrying my 80# + of flying equipment.
joe b
hanging<10