Boomin day at Highland

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Flying Lobster

Boomin day at Highland

Post by Flying Lobster »

Boomer thermals all day at Ridgely. It was one of those dreaded "got so high I froze and was so thermally I couldn't get down" days we all fear. :lol:

marc
Great Googly-moo!
padamez

Post by padamez »

Felt blah today not sure why, debated whether to fly or not and decided to fly. Still renting the Discuss while I am waiting for my U2 to come back from a sail repair. Got 1 hour and 3700', mixed it up with Joe Gregor for awhile in some meager lift, I went off looking for something better and then he later specked out, ran back to him but couldn't find what he was in. Got in a blender over the chicken houses at the end of the runway and quickly got tired of that and eventually worked my way down to a landing.

Dawson and Melanie were there, Steve K had a good flight, Christian got 1.5 in his Millenium and landed because he got too cold. Joe G. got two hours and 4000+. John Simon showed up for happy hour ( 1/2 price off all tows from 4:00-5:00P.M.) and had a long flight to cap off the day. Marc F. must of had a couple hours I think. Someone else whos name I forgot. Pretty decent day overall, wish I had been feeling better.

Oh, there's not really a happy hour at Highland, although we were trying to talk Adam into it.
Paul Adamez