Elizabethville Tuesday 9/27

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Bari

Re: Elizabethville Tuesday 9/27

Post by Bari »

I was expecting a top landing in the track :)
XCanytime

Post by XCanytime »

Didn't get high enough. Plus grass was way too high. Bacil
XCanytime

Post by XCanytime »

Will Hynla and I flew Elizabethville yesterday. For those of you who aren't familiar w/ the site, it's the perfect go between when it's west cross at Woodstock and too strong at the Pulpit. A very easy launch, and an RLF at a winery to the north of the launch. A small ridge (lengthwise), 1K' above the LZ. On the drive up the sky looked awesome. But by the time I got to near Harrisburg it was OD'ed to the north. Will launched 1st around 3:45P and had a short soaring flight, getting 60' over launch. I launched ~ at 4:46P, and bested his ATO max by 100'. It was totally decked over above me, and little shower cells were upwind. So I decided to go in to land. Had a nice approach, and flared for all I was worth in no headwind, but it was a little late, and I gently belly flopped into the grass. I had just inflated my Finsterwalder wheels on the basetube, so that fact added to the gentleness of the flop. Bacil