June 10, 22 Pulpit flight

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

1otIII2007

June 10, 22 Pulpit flight

Post by 1otIII2007 »

I arrived in Chambersburg about 12:30 and I checked weather stations at the Pulpit and Edith's Gap to see if I wanted to go to WS or PP. There were PGs at Woodstock already, reporting L&V wind. The Pulpit looked much better wind wise. So I called Rich to see if he would help me launch, which he did. Thanks Rich!
Launched around 3:20 PM. Nice cumulus clouds with some arrangement of streets. Wind was about 8-12 MPH. Rich and one of the neighbors helped me launch off of the left ramp. The ridge lift was consistent and thermals were up to 800' per minute. It didn't take me long to get up to 6100' MSL. After that I flew down the ridge to the south for about 7 miles then back to launch and continued north about 7 miles and back. By then the thermals were much weaker and I was not able to get nearly as high. The ridge lift was very consistent and smooth. After 2 hours and 45 minutes I landed in the main field. Grass was very tall so I landed next to it in the 4" high corn.
Here is the ayvri track: https://ayvri.com/scene/0jgrreyeko/cl4a ... 6apm1r17d3

Allan B.
A.Lloyd

Re: June 10, 22 Pulpit flight

Post by A.Lloyd »

Congratulations Allen!! Let's stay in to touch sir! One of my best days was when we had big fat thermals at the Pulpit! You are being recognized locally! Have fun and stay safe .