Woodstock tomorrow, March 3rd

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Ward Odenwald

Woodstock tomorrow, March 3rd

Post by Ward Odenwald »

Forecasts are looking good for Thursday afternoon. Any interest?
Ward
RichH

Re: Woodstock tomorrow, March 3rd

Post by RichH »

Im in Ward.. thinking about getting there around noon.. Rich
dskHG

Post by dskHG »

My sincere condolences for Ward's family and friends. I visited Woodstock in 2013, and Ward came out to give me and my friend a site orientation on a freezing winter day. It was appearent from his enthusiam to share his local knowledge with us visiting pilots that he cared deeply for the safety of his fellow pilots and preserving the beautiful flying site for many pilots to enjoy. He had decided to not fly that day despite the excellent soaring condition and stayed at launch all day in the freezing wind to help other pilots launch safely. I'm grateful to have met him, and I feel terrible that I will not be able to thank him in person.

Regards,

Daisuke
markc

Post by markc »

That day in 2013 was four years after Ward had returned to flying (2009), after a 24-year hiatus during which he and Arlene were raising a family. He was always a very careful and measured pilot, and happy to share insights with visiting pilots. I'm glad that you had a great flight that day Daisuke, and I bet that Ward was just as stoked!