Smithsburg 12/4

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

A.Lloyd

Smithsburg 12/4

Post by A.Lloyd »

Hello:

I'll be at Smithsburg with a couple students today from 2 to 5.
markc

Re: Smithsburg 12/4

Post by markc »

I loaded up the vehicle for either a Pulpit day or a practice day this morning. Arrived at the Pulpit at 10:30, to find Bacil and Allan both setting up. Watched conditions for a while, really looked good... But I also knew that I needed a day on the hill.

I hung around long enough to help with both of their launches, and there were lots of other pilots: Aron, Bari, Pat, and Jim. Plus John McA and Pete L on the way. So I figured it would be ok to hit the road.

Conditions at Smithsburg were very light all day, and notably cross out of the west. Anthony was instructing Ramses, who did very well. And Mike and Rocko were up top with me.

I did seven flights, and damn.... They were all frickin' great! Can't remember the last time that I had that much fun on the training hill, wow!!
Rocko launching, I think....
Rocko launching, I think....
Mike eyes conditions at the very end of the day.
Mike eyes conditions at the very end of the day.
Happy pilots breaking down.
Happy pilots breaking down.
silverwings

Post by silverwings »

Mark, that is so cool that you still can enjoy a day at the training hill!
john middleton (202)409-2574 c
markc

Post by markc »

Well John.... I have to send a thank-you your way, as my very first flight at Smithsburg was during a lesson with you. Many others followed, and of course Taylor Hill was always a staple. But wow, "The Burg" was always the best! Great memories of those days, and they continue to this day, thanks to you. :D
markc

Post by markc »

I did seven flights
Oh, forgot to mention: "On a Falcon!" .

No way in hell would I have been able to do 7 flights otherwise! :lol: