Smithsburg Saturday Afternoon Nov.27th

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

XCanytime

Smithsburg Saturday Afternoon Nov.27th

Post by XCanytime »

'Nuff said :D . Bacil
A.Lloyd

Re: Smithsburg Saturday Afternoon Nov.27th

Post by A.Lloyd »

At least 2 H2s will be there on Saturday.
markc

Post by markc »

Kinda/sorta wondering whether the Pulpit might be doable at the very end of the day? Looks darn cold though :shock:
A.Lloyd

Post by A.Lloyd »

H2s will be at SB from 2 to 5.
XCanytime

Post by XCanytime »

Fun day at Smithsburg. I got there at noon to light to moderate conditions at the top. Put in the customary windsocks, set up, and waited. By 1:30P conditions died down considerably. Eddie Miller was the 1st to show around 1:45P. Charley and Anthony showed up around 2Pish. Charley assisted me in carrying my glider up to the top.

Waited for a light cycle and launched into a WNW flow, but that danged gradient was there again in the dip and I mushed along in terrain follow mode. Just hoped that the gradient would reverse and provide me w/ additional airspeed, and it did just before the spinner windsock. I pooshed out, trading the airspeed gain into a much needed altitude gain. Had a nice landing. The 2nd flight was much better, the takeoff especially, but still hit a gradient, albeit much smaller than on the 1st flight. Another good landing ensued, and I called it a day. More arrivals were Bari w/ his PG, Mike w/ his Falcon, 2 students of Anthony's, and Jon Brantley w/ his Falcon. Eddie soared his lite RC sailplane for the whole next hour.

Jon, Charley, and Mike got in flights; Bari got in multiple flights on his PG. The students (father and son duo) got in a lot of flat ground training. Everybody was pleased w/ the day's results. Looking forward to the next training day at Smithsburg. Bacil
Dunegoon

Post by Dunegoon »

Comfortable temps. Smooth but cross conditions of variable velocity. It was great to see everybody.