Pulpit Saturday Oct.23rd

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

XCanytime

Pulpit Saturday Oct.23rd

Post by XCanytime »

Looking good tomorrow afternoon. I've got to work in the AM, so ETA of 2:30P+. Who's interested? Bacil
markc

Re: Pulpit Saturday Oct.23rd

Post by markc »

Interested! Provided things still look ok tomorrow AM.
markc

Post by markc »

Glider on vehicle! I think there could be a good window tomorrow. 3k forecast looks pretty benign. Still reserving judgement until I see the satellite and radar in the morning....
markc

Post by markc »

Hmmm.... Precip chances bumped way up, but looking like a late-day flight might be ok. Will decide based on what the radar map shows at noon.

What's the interest level out there, pilots? Doesn't look like Sunday has much going for it.
Bari

Post by Bari »

I'm in still waiting to see the interest level.
mcgowantk

Post by mcgowantk »

I am a maybe and will check around 1:00 after various chores.
markc

Post by markc »

I've heard that Allan, Bacil, and Walt are planning to go. Maybe we can recriut RichB for wirecrew help?

It does look like there could be nice conditions at the end of the day.
Bari

Post by Bari »

Rich B is most likely coming. I am going to start setting up my glider on the car shortly. Bacil, is targeting 2:30 PM. I am planning to be there by then too.
markc

Post by markc »

Sorry, but given what I see on the satellite and radar, and the 'day-of' frontal passage odds at the Pulpit... I'm bailing. Hope that I'm wrong and good late day flights reward those who go!
XCanytime

Post by XCanytime »

Well the upper level disturbance moving thru was a suprise; it wasn't in the fcst. Arrived at 2:45P w/o my glider (I wasn't flying, only crewing) to find Allan's glider on the control frame and Bari's still on the vehicle. From 3P to 4P+ it was blown out. Called Rich B. up and said we'd make a call at 5P. After 4:30P it backed down to under the 18 MPH base wind threshold somewhat consistently, so there was hope. At 5P called Rich again and said it was a go. Allan and Bari quickly set up; Rich showed up around 5:30P. By 5:45P it had gotten swirly enough for Allan to throw in the towel, so Allan and Bari broke down. At least their gliders got dried out :lol: . Bacil
Bari

Post by Bari »

I had a good time none the less :) it was cold, air was fresh (with right level of moisture to make it perfect for breathing or how I like it). Looking at all the sites on the relief map and just chit chatting was a great past time. Para/Hang waiting or not, it was a good camp out.