High Rock Friday?

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Danny Brotto

High Rock Friday?

Post by Danny Brotto »

Not to take away from the Sac thread but High Rock takes a NNW pretty well. Looks low on the wind velocity right now but looking for an evening flight; perhaps Magic will set up (teaser)? Any interest? Need critical mass for launch crews and (short) retrieves.

Danny Brotto
brianvh

Re: High Rock Friday?

Post by brianvh »

if only I was still down there I'd be all over this. High Rock needs to reopen. Karen would have appreciated both the pullback and the restart.
Brian Vant-Hull
mcgowantk

Post by mcgowantk »

Do we know if the LZ is available?

Tom
Danny Brotto

Post by Danny Brotto »

Steve Krichten flew there about a month ago. Said that we are welcome in the LZ.

Forecast has it swinging more north than previously predicted though. No TFR announced yet.

Danny Brotto
mcgowantk

Post by mcgowantk »

It doesn’t look too bad to me. It would be great to fly there. My guess is the forecast is a little uncertain based on Ida’s movement. I will keep monitoring the forecast.
Danny Brotto

Post by Danny Brotto »

Yah, latest wind cast puts some west back into the picture. A VIP TFR just got announced for Delaware for the weekend. P40 should exist as published (no TFR around P40) so it will most likely not affect normal airspace at the Rock.

Danny Brotto
dbodner

Post by dbodner »

I'm following this. My feet are staying on the ground, but I could lend a hand (or two).
David Bodner
krryerson

Post by krryerson »

Have to work…
Though, agree about High Rock.. Sounds good!
Knut
XCanytime

Post by XCanytime »

Just left HR. No wind. Calm. Bacil
dbodner

Post by dbodner »

Friday I'd stopped in Thurmont and saw there were no additional posts, so I continued on up to Hyner for the weekend. I flew, ate, and drank--all in age-appropriate amounts.

Steve Krichten was up there, and we got to talking about his enthusiasm for High Rock. I'll pass along this forum information to him. Hopefully he'll get to be part of future High Rock conversations.
David Bodner