Friday 7-30 - Liverpool

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

callen

Friday 7-30 - Liverpool

Post by callen »

Friday's looking good at my place if there's any interest. Pool should be open as well.

Let me know,
Charles
krryerson

Re: Friday 7-30 - Liverpool

Post by krryerson »

Charles,
Thanks; though, we are going to the beach for a week. Hope it works out!
Knut
callen

Post by callen »

As of this morning its looking really good for Liverpool. With 14mph on surface and 20 at 2000ft pulpit and other sites will likely be blown out. Anyone that's interested and doesn't have waiver should reach out today.

Charles
XCanytime

Post by XCanytime »

Headed up to Charlie's place after working in the AM. Arrived at his place around 1:15P. Allan pulled in around 1:45P. We loaded up in Charlie's Jeep and headed up to Richard and Cherry's mountaintop vacation home on top of Buffalo Mountain WSW of Liverpool, PA. The sky looked great. We set up; during our set up Jim Messina showed up at the top of the mountain. I was first off around 3:20P+. Picked a lighter cycle, and ran and ran and got airborne before the road. However, experienced a gradient below the road, and wasn't very far above the treetops. Picked up speed and had to porpoise over the tall trees at the bottom of the slot. Whew! Found ratty, broken lift around, but it was enough to sustain soaring flight. Allan and Charlie joined me in the air. I found a climb to 1K'+ over for some breathing room. Charlie found a good climb behind launch, and called it out on the radio. I found some of it, and ended up climbing to 4650' MSL behind launch in the next valley. I ended up gliding upwind after the climb and heading out to land. Found turbulent air over the LZ (duh it's 4:25P). Late flare yet again w/ a belly flop. Allan, Charlie, and Jim enjoyed the air as it mellowed out as the day wore on. They ended up landing in that order. I drove Charlie and Allan back to the top to retrieve Charlie's Jeep and Jim's truck. Jim, Charlie, and I enjoyed a swim in Charlie's pool while Allan relaxed, and pizza got delivered w/ the arrival of Charlie's wife and his 2 darling daughters. The 3 of us departed around 9P, vowing to return. Bacil

https://ayvri.com/scene/z15y60z0jx/ckrr ... 6iki3994ja