Pulpit Sunday July 18th

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

XCanytime

Pulpit Sunday July 18th

Post by XCanytime »

Looks good so far. Who can fly? Bacil
XCanytime

Re: Pulpit Sunday July 18th

Post by XCanytime »

Looks good early and late. Who can fly? Bacil
bustedwing2

Post by bustedwing2 »

Me
XCanytime

Post by XCanytime »

Already blown out. Going for the much later ✈️. Bacil
silverwings

Post by silverwings »

WS is looking pretty good for HG today. I am out of commission with a sprained ankle from 7/3 or I would go.
john middleton (202)409-2574 c
markc

Post by markc »

Another one of those "Wait 48 hours and conditions will be completely different than forecast" weekends. Guess that cold front was a bit stronger than they thought! :shock: Good luck if you go!
XCanytime

Post by XCanytime »

Got to the Pulpit at noon to find Allan and Bill; they had just finished up weed whacking the setup area. Thanks guys. The sky was overcast, and conditions on launch were moderate, w/ a pronounced north cross at times. So we all set up and waited for a 3rd wire guy to show up. As we waited, the conditions slowly abated. At nearly the same time, just after 3P, old time pilots Bob Buchanan (sans glider) and Steve Krichten (Sport3) showed up, along w/ Rich Bloomfield (sans glider). By the time Allan launched at 3:20P, it was really cross from the north. Allan got off safely and got up, but was not getting much altitude at all. Alex showed up around 3:45P. Bill and I decided to break down after seeing Allan getting a max of ~ 200'? over. I observed Alex off just after 5P for a sledder to the secondary, landing to the north. Allan finally landed shortly after Alex in the main LZ. I went down to pick up Alex; in the meantime Steve sledded? to the primary. Back at launch nobody home, so I cruised, and Alex planned to hit the road shortly thereafter. Bacil