Jim Zeiset Memorial Article and Fly'in

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

lplehmann

Jim Zeiset Memorial Article and Fly'in

Post by lplehmann »

Jim Zeiset Obituary Article On The Web

For those in the hang-gliding community who knew the late Jim Zeiset, whether personally or by legendary reputation, I would like to suggest reading the full memorial article celebrating his life, now available on the USHPA website.

The article is an expanded version of the one appearing in the current May/June issue of USHPA Pilot Magazine, and which was edited to meet the magazine’s space constraints.

JZ, as he was best known, was such an interestingly creative, provocative and active individual that his life story is worthy of a book length biography. But the article will have to serve, and I recommend the longer version of it.

You can read it here,

https://www.ushpa.org/page/jz-obituary

Memorial activities to celebrate JZ’s life are planned around the Fourth of July by Amy Zeiset and Larry Smith at Jim’s home in Salida, Colorado and at the nearby Villa Grove flying site. It is likely to be a helluva party.
Details may be found at,

https://jz-life-well-lived.com/

Pete Lehmann
mcgowantk

Re: Jim Zeiset Memorial Article and Fly'in

Post by mcgowantk »

Pete

Thanks for sharing this story. I wish that I had gotten to know JZ. They don't make many like him.

Tom McGowan
lplehmann

Post by lplehmann »

Tom,
They genuinely broke the mold when JZ was cast. He was a remarkable individual in countless ways. Not everyone liked him, but I did.
Pete
Pete Lehmann
Dave Proctor

Post by Dave Proctor »

Pete,

Excellent article. I never met JZ, just knew him through tales. Thanks for posting

Dave
Dave P