Sunday

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

mcgowantk

Sunday

Post by mcgowantk »

I am thinking of going out Sunday. It looks promising at several sites, including the Sac and the Pulpit. Any interest in going out?

Tom McGowan
Dunegoon

Re: Sunday

Post by Dunegoon »

The Sac. ETA 11. Joe and Karen indicating it looks more favorable today.

Charley
1otIII2007

Post by 1otIII2007 »

Seem like the Pulpit would have been the best site to go to today. That is according to the Holfuy site. But regarding the Sac it seems like: It was a case of "the early bird gets the worm." I launched just before 12:00 and got up without too much effort. The ridge lift was light but consistent at first but later it came in cycles. The thermals were punchy and did not go very high. I did manage to get 1200' over launch just east of the Klingerstown gap. So I crossed it and flew farther down the ridge almost half way to the river. Then the ridge lift started to get less consistent so I turned around and flew back to launch and got a total of 2 hours 14 minutes of time in the air. I consider that a good flight for this time of the year. I got a bit cold but over all it was a lot of fun.

Allan B.
mcgowantk

Post by mcgowantk »

Allan and Doug Rogers were able to soar. The rest of us sledded. At least it was warm in the LZ.

Tom McGowan