Sad News

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Dave Proctor

Sad News

Post by Dave Proctor »

Mark Vivell passed away on June 15. Mark was a tow pilot who flew Blue Sky. I worked with Mark at Northrop Grumman. He retired this year and was starting to enjoy life, getting back into bicycling and kayaking. Mark was a friend and good guy. I'll miss him.

Dave
Dave P
Dave Proctor

Re: Sad News

Post by Dave Proctor »

Mark also flew at Highland back in the day.
Dave P
A.Lloyd

Post by A.Lloyd »

Hi Dave, Very sorry to hear the sad news about your friend Mark Vivell passing away just after his retirement started. Thanks for sharing your memories how he got to share the sky with you. I understand that being a good tug pilot take special skills. Lost touch with you thru email... I'll follow up ASAP.
markc

Post by markc »

Just after retiring? That simply isn't right, very sorry to hear about this Dave. I crossed paths with Mark a time or two... Condolences to you and to Mark's friends and family.
Dave Proctor

Post by Dave Proctor »

By ‘row pilot’ I meant that Mark only flew the tow parks and didn’t foot launch. Sorry for the confusion. And yeah, it sucks to work 35+ years, then die right after retiring.

Dave
Dave P
A.Lloyd

Post by A.Lloyd »

Dave,

May those good memories of Mark Vivell hang gliding live on forever.

Peace ✌️