SB Friday or Taylor's Saturday

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

pnadams

SB Friday or Taylor's Saturday

Post by pnadams »

Having missed the last two weekends, I'm still looking for a good day on the hill.
Anybody else up for Friday or Saturday?

Also, did anyone find my black 'Freefligh Foundation' jacket at Taylor's?
markc

Re: SB Friday or Taylor's Saturday

Post by markc »

Hard to call tomorrow, but at the moment it seems like Pulpit risks being blown out, while there could be SW winds at Taylor. Smithsburg might be doable, but some hints of WSW on the latest NWS hourly by midday. Won't decide until tomorrow's updates....
Grrr, Pulpit was looking great earlier this week!
markc

Post by markc »

Looks like a Taylor day to me. ETA noon-ish, unless there's a big change in the 10am forecast updates.
pnadams

Post by pnadams »

I'm shooting for Taylors' around 11ish.
markc

Post by markc »

Great day at Taylor! Combo PG and HG, about seven of the former and four of the latter. Great pics and vids, will try to post some, perhaps last weekend too.

Thermally and a bit sketchy in the noon to 2:30 timeframe. Three flights. Then down to the base of the hill so my buddy Gerry could do some runs/short hops. He and I both took lessons *waaayyyyy* back in the day with JohnM. Then back up top for two flights at the end of the day, when the air was sweet. Good landings on both, and ended the day on a good note.

So many flights, and Matt and Jim showing off their mad PG kiting and flying skills. Awesome!