Woodstock/Pulpit 11/24

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

XCanytime

Woodstock/Pulpit 11/24

Post by XCanytime »

Now concentrating on Sunday. If an adequate time slice is available, could do the Pulpit. If not, then it's Woodstock. From those that remember listening to Aerosmith 45 years ago :shock: , "It's the same old story, same old song and dance, my friend". Bacil
XCanytime

Re: Woodstock/Pulpit 11/24

Post by XCanytime »

Woodstock it is. How about an XC to FRR (Front Royal Airport)? Looks like an easy run is shaping up. Bacil
mcgowantk

Post by mcgowantk »

I am looking at it pretty closely.

Tom McGowan
markc

Post by markc »

Ditto!

Some concerns about the 3k forecast, would like to see signs of a back off late-day. But also realizing it's only a forecast :D
markc

Post by markc »

A bit on the fence for Sunday at this point, seems like conditions could be strong... Still planning to be in go-mode tomorrow, but will likely hold off on a decision to hit the road until the late morning update.
XCanytime

Post by XCanytime »

Had an incident wiring a hot water heater timer at my daughter's new townhouse. I'm OK but some critical circuits got knocked out. The hot water heater timer works :lol: . Gonna spend tomorrow in electrical detective mode, sequentially replacing the breakers to the affected circuits. Good luck to those that go. Bacil
markc

Post by markc »

Glad to see that the SFC gust factor on the NWS hourly ends at 3pm....
But concerned by the 30-40kts that the ADDS 3k is calling for, until sunset. Opinions?
sailin

Post by sailin »

Hey Mark,

I was hoping to fly Woodstock today but think I am going to pass based on the forecasts I am seeing - pretty strong most of the day, west most of the day and getting more westerly as the day goes on and pretty strong (west) winds aloft all day through sunset. Could very well be one of those "you don't know if you don't go" days that turns out pretty sweet in the late afternoon, but from what I am seeing forecast wise it is a big gamble and I have plenty to do around the house and yard. Hope anyone that makes it out today has enjoyable and safe flights !

Jon
mcgowantk

Post by mcgowantk »

Well, I was hoping for a nice day but I agree with you Jon. The forecast has continued to get stronger over the past few days so I will pass too. I should be able to get away one day next weekend so maybe then.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

Tom McGowan
markc

Post by markc »

And the SFC gust factor is _back_ with the latest update, going past sunset. Why am I not surprised :) That does it for me (even if the 3k hadn't before!). Another day!
garys

Post by garys »

I am standing out in the yard looking south down the valley toward Woodstock and there are wave clouds everywhere plus the surface winds don't seem too strong. Still have time. Anyone reconsidering? Gary 540-686-0351
Gary Smith
garys

Post by garys »

You guys made the right call. Half hour after my post the sky cleared and freight trains started rolling through. Still rolling.
Gary Smith