Sun15Sept : Possible Pulpit day?

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

markc

Sun15Sept : Possible Pulpit day?

Post by markc »

The surface 'cast is light NW -> W, and the switch S has been pushed back a few hours.... Starting to think it might be worth a gamble, anyone else considering?
Dave Proctor

Re: Sun15Sept : Possible Pulpit day?

Post by Dave Proctor »

I could make it out if the forecast looks good. I have a ton of home projects that have to be done so I won’t come out for an iffy forecast. I’ll look in the morning.
Dave P
A.Lloyd

Post by A.Lloyd »

Interested. If it's too light then I'll head over to Kirshners and check grass height .
Dave Proctor

Post by Dave Proctor »

forecast is for really light winds tomorrow. Might be good, but too low of a probability. I am going to do house projects tomorrow. Good luck to those who give it a shot.
Dave P
markc

Post by markc »

Yeah, total gamble.... Was thinking mainly that if there was a glass off late in the day, might make it worth a try. Seems like the day will be sunny and the humidity is supposed to break. Will check Holfuy tomorrow AM.
silverwings

Post by silverwings »

Even though the forecast is light, my guess is 5-10 mph at launch, the lift forecast is quite good. A number of PG pilots are likely coming including me.
john middleton (202)409-2574 c
markc

Post by markc »

4 G 8 as of 11:00 or so.... Good direction, but having trouble motivating myself to give it a try with winds that light. Probably regret it later :roll:
markc

Post by markc »

Wow, looks like there was a good HG window from 2:30 to 3:30 based on the weather station readings! Ah well......