The Fall Classics

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Richard Hays

The Fall Classics

Post by Richard Hays »

Just wanted to express how impressive both the High Rock and Pulpit Fly-ins
were to me. Its' great to see the energy and fun and comradrie that ( still
) exists at these "fall classics". Both appeared to be incredibly well
organized and.....what great luck to have both weekends flyable. Wow. And
in both cases the attendence was really impressive.

Its' great to see the MHGA and CHGPA clubs alive and well, and great to see
that those involved in the clubs aren't afraid to step up and make the fun
happen.

Big hearty "thanks" to all involved. Truly impressive efforts !!!

Rich Hays
Scott

Post by Scott »

I agree! Though I missed the HR Fly-In, this weekend's fly-in was great! Lots of pilots, lots of supportive family and friends, and lots of flying! Many thanks to everyone for such a fantastic event!

For a new pilot like me, weekends like this are an incredible opportunity to benefit from the collective wisdom of so many experienced pilots. I learned a lot, and it just whetted my appetite for more!

Scott
Spark

Re: The Fall Classics

Post by Spark »

Folks,

There is one more Fall Classic that you may not want to miss: the Hyner 'Ox Roast' (October 14,15,16). This event is held during the "Fall Flaming Foliage" and is always memorable. If you have never done a cloud dive, or seen your 'glory' ...

( http://community.webshots.com/photo/443 ... 5540dvwLVH )

... it should be an excellent opportunity.

http://www.hynerclub.com
Richard Hays wrote:Just wanted to express how impressive both the High Rock and Pulpit Fly-ins were to me. Its' great to see the energy and fun and comradrie that ( still ) exists at these "fall classics". Both appeared to be incredibly well organized and.....what great luck to have both weekends flyable. Wow. And in both cases the attendence was really impressive. Its' great to see the MHGA and CHGPA clubs alive and well, and great to see that those involved in the clubs aren't afraid to step up and make the fun happen.

Big hearty "thanks" to all involved. Truly impressive efforts !!!

Rich Hays
'Spark