Greg Dewolf died

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

silverwings

Greg Dewolf died

Post by silverwings »

john middleton (202)409-2574 c
markc

Re: Greg Dewolf died

Post by markc »

My condolences to Greg's friends and family.... Greg flew in our area for several years, and was *very* focused on improving launch technique for HG pilots. To the point of setting up clinics, shooting video of launches, and doing critiques. All to encourage safety and currency.

Hard to think of a better legacy.
Joe Schad

Post by Joe Schad »

I remember Greg from flying Woodstock and Blue Sky. He had the most consistent no step landing of anyone I have seen. Also watched him teaching some students at Dockwiler Beach 6 or 7 years ago. Sad to see him gone.

Joe
rlweber

Post by rlweber »

Greg was passionate about teaching launching and landing. I took a landing class from him at Smithsburg, back in the day. He also helped me get tuned into my first topless glider, the Willswing Fusion. I spent time flying with him in the mountains and at Blue Sky. I always liked to pick his brain. Remember, he was also part of a group that flew across the US using truck tow, I believe.

Greg, may you soar high and far.

Randy
Keep Calm And Soar On
CraginS

Post by CraginS »

May Greg rest in peace. Condolences to all his family and friends. I had the pleasure of taking several Launch & Landing lessons from him at Taylor Farm, and flying with him at the Pulpit. He was a tremendous instructor, very dedicated to learning and safety.

My favorite Greg story is from a Pulpit Fly-In party, when Greg won a free tandem flight coupon from Highland. Everyone got a great charge out of that drawing.