Drooling over this property @ FlatTop

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

smurfsky101

Drooling over this property @ FlatTop

Post by smurfsky101 »

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2388- ... 4318_zpid/

So i'm house hunting in the valley and come across this...

Is it the actual flattop launch? or just real close
H4, P4, M1
mingram

Re: Drooling over this property @ FlatTop

Post by mingram »

Sweet find! Really close to launch. Launch is just after the bend to the top of the mountain.

We don't fly that site as much, probably because we have Edith's Gap and don't get true East wind as often, but the views from that house sure are sweet.
Matt Ingram
CHGPA President
P4 Observer
mingram@vt.edu
dbodner

Post by dbodner »

I was looking at that place about a year ago. At that price it's a primary home for me. But, it's awfully isolated for a primary home. "Oops, we forgot milk" turns into a 2-hour roundtrip.

I also remember thinking the yard isn't as launch-friendly as the photos make it look. But, I'm looking through HG eyes. Perhaps PG eyes would see something different.

If I recall, there were more For Sale signs nearby than a computer search would indicate, mostly for empty lots. If you have nothing better to do some day, go have a look. It's a fun trip.
David Bodner
Dan T

Post by Dan T »

Complete with a Peace Sign in the back yard! Check it out on satellite view on Googlemaps.

Dan T