Moderator: CHGPA BOD

PTerry

CHGPA Holiday Party & Membership Meeting

Post by PTerry »

Event: CHGPA Holiday Party & Membership Meeting
Hosts: John & Marnie Middelton
Date: Thursday. January 5th, 2017
Time: 7:00—9:30pm
→ Please Bring: Salads, Veggies, Dips, Snacks, Deserts, & Drinks, Etc.

Membership Renewal: Questions to Karl Schackmann
Email: treasurer@chgpa.org
Membership Dues: $50
Renewal URL: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_J7YbM ... ested=true
Attachments
HG and PG Image.jpg
Patrick F Terry
CHGPA President
202-309-5362
PatrickFTerry@gmail.com
P4, M2, Observer
Joe Schad

Re: CHGPA Holiday Party & Membership Meeting

Post by Joe Schad »

Unfortunately Zelda and I will be in California by Jan 5. Have a great party. Please post any update on the status of efforts and actions o get a permanent LZ for Woodstock. My personal view we need to buy some property.

Joe
dbodner

Post by dbodner »

I just renewed my membership using the URL in the original post. That takes you to the membership form. You still have to actually pay, though. I went to http://www.chgpa.org/ClubInfo/chgpa.due ... aypal.html to pay.
David Bodner
markc

Post by markc »

Ditto, re-upped for 2017!
markc

Post by markc »

Here are some selected highlights from tonight's meeting:

The annual CHGPA membership fee has been increased to $60/yr, and the visiting-pilot fee is now $20 (good for 30 days). This goes into effect as of tonight.

CHGPA has regained its non-profit 501(c)(3) status (or nearly so, there might be one further hoop to jump through?). This is extremely important for any major efforts that require significant contributions from members/donors. Eg, land acquisition, if it comes to that.

We have no reserves : All the recent projects (Woodstock launch; GW Forest agreement; website redesign; etc), plus anticipated insurance expenses, have basically sucked our accounts dry. However, the $60/year membership fee is expected to at least keep the club in the black for ongoing/routine expenditures, and hopefully we will climb out of the hole in a year or two.

The email-based (And twitter? And other social-media?) group that used to be PG-only is now open to all. Perhaps someone will post a sticky-topic with info for how to join?

The power line which is proximate to the Edith's Gap launch is going to be moved back, at the power company's expense. Yay!

The suggested redecking of the old/left HG ramp at The Pulpit could potentially be paid for with reserves in the Pulpit Treasury. And hopefully, a dedicated fund-raising effort might offset a significant chunk of the cost (as we've done for similar projects in the past). However, we really need someone to volunteer as point-person on this.... We (jokingly) nominated Ward, since he was the one who initially raised the issue :D .

Efforts are underway such that maintenance of the Shenandoah National Park sites will be considered a normal/accepted activity of the CHGPA. Ie, fewer hurdles in order to clear brush and keep launch sites safe.

There were many other topics, and I was too busy snacking and enjoying good brews to take formal notes, so take all of this with a grain of salt. Perhaps some 'official' notes from the meeting can be posted here later?

Many thanks to John and Marney for hosting the meeting!

MarkC

PS: I find it interesting that there were exactly two HG-only pilots, and exactly two HG & PG pilots, present at the meeting. Lots of new (PG) faces, and I'm definitely happy for that (new blood!!). But it sure makes me wonder where in the heck the HG community has gone.... I know you are out there, I fly with you all the time.
mingram

Post by mingram »

I took good notes and will send it around to officers for editing.

Regarding the CHGPA Member Google Group, I announced that 6 months ago:
http://chgpa.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f ... 28&p=40316

Members should have received an invite to the group months ago. However, the process isn't automated yet and there have been hiccups with getting invites out. Please email me if you haven't received an invite.
Matt Ingram
CHGPA President
P4 Observer
mingram@vt.edu
CraginS

Post by CraginS »

"The annual CHGPA membership fee has been increased to $60/yr, and the visiting-pilot fee is now $20 (good for 30 days). This goes into effect as of tonight."
Apparently not. On Jan 7 I renewed using PayPal and my only choice was $50 for CHGPA or $55 for Joint CHGPA/MHGA. There was no way for me to change the amount, so I paid my $55.
markc

Post by markc »

Apologies that the increase wasn't reflected in the Paypal form immediately after the vote was taken :wink: Volunteers and all... The work that's required doesn't happen by magic.

The main point is that a $10 increase in the membership fee would probably be a good idea, given recent outlays. Members can certainly re-up with the current price structure (I did!) if that is what the forms support. But OTOH.... The extra ten-er might be a help if you are so inclined!

There is a donation capability on the membership form, so I will probably give that a try to provide the additional $10-er .
krryerson

Post by krryerson »

Sorry about that! Was planning to come to the meet, but the snow forecast and possible icy roads, made me stay home.
Paid (paypal) the annual/2017 CHGPA $50 on Thursday and will add the extra $10 as a donation.
Also, any interest in inviting Digifly USA to a meet this spring?
Knut HG
markc

Post by markc »

FYI, all of the various forms at the (legacy) website have been updated for 2017. For info about our 2017 renewal campaign, please see this forum topic. Thanks for supporting CHGPA!
mingram

Post by mingram »

I posted my detailed notes to the CHGPA member-only google group. Please become a member and join us! Also, let me know if you're a member and haven't received an invite.
Matt Ingram
CHGPA President
P4 Observer
mingram@vt.edu