Fly-in Volunteers ~ Final Call

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

hang_pilot

Post by hang_pilot »

I’m getting good coverage, thanks everyone for your offers to help.
?
1) DRIVERS: If you know of any non-flying attendees (friends, family members, etc.) who can drive retrieve, please let me have their names and cell numbers.? I’m preparing a wallet-sized list w. numbers for this event so there’ll be no excuse not to go for an XC flight!
?
2) LAPTOP JOCKEY: I could still use a score-keeper to make Christy’s job easier, of course you still get to fly!?
?
3) DJ Jr:? What’s a party without music? I think it would be festive if we could have some music during dinner and registration (when the talent in our midst are NOT playing instruments).? Would someone please volunteer to bring a battery-powered box and some tunes w. general appeal?
?
~Daniel
?
301-275-6584 Cellular
?

?
?
?
LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
?
Seeing Beyond Money is a service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]
rs54263

Post by rs54263 »

I will have a laptop with me. ?I know nothing about score keeping, but I am willing to provide my computer and software knowledge, if that would be helpful.

Bear in mind, that I will be busy taking pictures, and then flying, so the computer thing would definitely have to be after-hours.

~Ralph

================================================================
?
I'm getting good coverage, thanks everyone for your offers to help. ?
??
1) DRIVERS: If you know of any non-flying attendees (friends, family members, etc.) who can drive retrieve, please let me have their names and cell numbers.I'm preparing a wallet-sized list w. numbers for this event so there'll be no excuse not to go for an XC flight!? ?
??
2) LAPTOP JOCKEY: I could still use a score-keeper to make Christy's job easier, of course you still get to fly!???
??
3) DJ Jr:What's a party without music? I think it would be festive if we could have some music during dinner and registration (when the talent in our midst are NOT playing instruments).Would someone please volunteer to bring a battery-powered box and some tunes w. general appeal? ?
??
~Daniel ??
??
***************** ?
301-275-6584 Cellular ?
****************** ?
??
???
???
???
???
??LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

huddlec

Post by huddlec »

I know absolutely zip about scoring too.? If there is someone who does, please let me know and please be at the fly-in!!? If I don't have help on this, you can bet the bank that the scoring will be very simple, as in 1 point per mile for every XC mile?flown for everyone but totally newbie pilots who will get 1 point for every 10 minutes flown. Something like that. And if anyone complains, they can consider themselves the new Meet Director!!!? (I won't cry about losing the post.)
Christy
?

"Ralph Sickinger (R2)" <r2@sickinger.net> wrote:
I will have a laptop with me. ?I know nothing about score keeping, but I am willing to provide my computer and software knowledge, if that would be helpful.

Bear in mind, that I will be busy taking pictures, and then flying, so the computer thing would definitely have to be after-hours.

~Ralph

?
??
1) DRIVERS: If you know of any non-flying attendees (friends, family members, etc.) who can drive retrieve, please let me have their names and cell numbers.I'm preparing a wallet-sized list w. numbers for this event so there'll be no excuse not to go for an XC flight!? ?
??
2) LAPTOP JOCKEY: I could still use a score-keeper to make Christy's job easier, of course you still get to fly!???
??
3) DJ Jr:What's a party without music? I think it would be festive if we could have some music during dinner and registration (when the talent in our midst are NOT playing instruments).Would someone please volunteer to bring a battery-powered box and some tunes w. general appeal? ?
??
~Daniel ??
??
***************** ?
301-275-6584 Cellular ?
****************** ?
??
???
???
???
???
??LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Yahoo! for Good
Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.
hang_pilot

Post by hang_pilot »

Simple is good. You're on the right track!

When I say scorekeeper, I just mean I want someone to input the results into a spread sheet so you don't have to keep track yourself. One philosophy of the Fly-in is that no volunteer should have so much to do that he/she can't fly. So, I'm trying to distribute the load.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:55 PM
To: hg_forum@chgpa.org
Subject: Re: Fly-in Volunteers ~ Final Call

I know absolutely zip about scoring too.? If there is someone who does, please let me know and please be at the fly-in!!? If I don't have help on this, you can bet the bank that the scoring will be very simple, as in 1 point per mile for every XC mile?flown for everyone but totally newbie pilots who will get 1 point for every 10 minutes flown. Something like that. And if anyone complains, they can consider themselves the new Meet Director!!!? (I won't cry about losing the post.)
Christy
?

"Ralph Sickinger (R2)" <r2@sickinger.net> wrote:

Quote:

~Ralph

?
??
??
??
??
~Daniel ??
??
***************** ?
301-275-6584 Cellular ?
****************** ?
??
???
???
???
???
??LEGAL DISCLAIMER

(end of quote)

Yahoo! for Good
Click here to donate (http://store.yahoo.com/redcross-donate3/) to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.
dbodner

Post by dbodner »

I don't mind being laptop jockey. If I know the rules ahead of time,
maybe I make a spreadsheet that awards points, tracks results,
declares a winner, and makes dessert for after.
Dave

On Sep 15, 2005, at 4:01 PM, Broxterman.Daniel wrote:

>
> Simple is good. You're on the right track!
>
> When I say scorekeeper, I just mean I want someone to input the
> results into a spread sheet so you don't have to keep track
> yourself. One philosophy of the Fly-in is that no volunteer should
> have so much to do that he/she can't fly. So, I'm trying to
> distribute the load.
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Christy Huddle [mailto:huddlec@yahoo.com]
> Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:55 PM
> To: hg_forum@chgpa.org
> Subject: Re: Fly-in Volunteers ~ Final Call
>
>
> I know absolutely zip about scoring too. If there is someone who
> does, please let me know and please be at the fly-in!! If I don't
> have help on this, you can bet the bank that the scoring will be
> very simple, as in 1 point per mile for every XC mile flown for
> everyone but totally newbie pilots who will get 1 point for every
> 10 minutes flown. Something like that. And if anyone complains,
> they can consider themselves the new Meet Director!!! (I won't cry
> about losing the post.)
> Christy
>
obryandavid

Post by obryandavid »

If I'm able to make it up on Saturday I'm more than willing to retrieve for
an XC. I'll try to find someone who can get my name out when/if I arrive.
Hope to see everyone on Sat. :-)

Dave O

Dave O'Bryan
240-508-0516 (Nextel cell)

On 9/15/05 1:07 PM, "Broxterman.Daniel" <Daniel.Broxterman@suntrust.com>
wrote:

>
> I'm getting good coverage, thanks everyone for your offers to help.
> ?
> 1) DRIVERS: If you know of any non-flying attendees (friends, family members,
> etc.) who can drive retrieve, please let me have their names and cell
> numbers.? I'm preparing a wallet-sized list w. numbers for this event so
> there'll be no excuse not to go for an XC flight!
> ?
> 2) LAPTOP JOCKEY: I could still use a score-keeper to make Christy's job
> easier, of course you still get to fly!?
> ?
> 3) DJ Jr:? What's a party without music? I think it would be festive if we
> could have some music during dinner and registration (when the talent in our
> midst are NOT playing instruments).? Would someone please volunteer to bring a
> battery-powered box and some tunes w. general appeal?
> ?
> ~Daniel
> ?
> *****************
> 301-275-6584 Cellular
> ******************
> ?
>
> ?
> ?
> ?
> LEGAL DISCLAIMER
> The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to
> which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
> Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in
> reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
> recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please
> contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
> ?
> Seeing Beyond Money is a service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc.
> [ST:XCL]