Re: Pulpit Fly-In September 24-25 2016

Post club-related and other events here! This forum is open to visitors... But note that all event postings have to be approved by a moderator before they will appear. See this forum's charter for more information.

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

eggzkitz

Pulpit Fly-In September 24-25 2016

Post by eggzkitz »

Mark your calendar for the weekend of September 24-25 for a Pulpit fly-in!
600_402639712.jpeg
11895097_10153625523475452_2652437972206298655_o.jpg
Based on the calendar and people's schedules, that seems to be the best weekend.

The annual summer club meeting discussed the fly-in and agreed to prioritize a good social event with the potential for some flying based on our challenges with getting the right site on the right weekend... The following weekend of October 1-2 will be the backup for weather, and we'll make the call the Thursday night before the primary weekend (Sep 22).

Let me know if you'd like to volunteer to help with organizing. We'll have a great time camping and cooking out, so plan on coming out!

Best,
Jeff
Jeff Eggers
CHGPA President
USHPA 82627
FCC KK4QMQ
Dunegoon

Post by Dunegoon »

FYI: Today we noticed that the new rocker was "gone" from the pavilion. I assume it was stolen unless someone removed it for work. Not good. A few years ago my spare Weber grill was launched off the new ramp by some hooligans. Also recently Judy's sign was "removed." We need to do some housekeeping with trash removal, and the remains of benches and tables. Having a pile of trash encourages people to deposit more trash on the ground and in the parking lot. Tim B did a great job a few weeks back cutting the set up area. We should schedule some time just to do this, flying or not.

Possibly we should redo the sign posting the club's stewardship and ownership of the property. Guests, hikers and visitors should be aware that CHGPA monitors the property and will hold people responsible for vandalism. Also during active flying conditions they will be required to move to a safe areas as indicated by flight directors and pilots. Not having this posted may pose more risk and liability for insurance purposes. Little discussion has been made about our insurance "situation" and the forum is probably not the best place to air it out. Food for thought.

Looking forward to the Fly-in.
eggzkitz

Post by eggzkitz »

Time to get ready for the fly-in!

Couple things:

1) RSVP! Let me know if you're planning on going. Several ways to RSVP: email me, post in this thread, RSVP on the MeetUp page, or RSVP on the Facebook page

2) Anybody been out to Bill's lately? I'm wondering what condition launch is in (how overgrown) and what it will require to get it launchable/parkable in time for the fly-in. Any insight would be appreciated!

3) I'll rent a port-a-potty and will try and arrange for a sun shower...

4) Need volunteers who can plan to bring grilling equipment and coolers/ice.

Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff Eggers
CHGPA President
USHPA 82627
FCC KK4QMQ
eggzkitz

Post by eggzkitz »

I was out at Bill's this weekend. The good news is that the insurance and LZ issues are essentially resolved (and will be fully resolved by the fly-in). The bad news is that the launch slot is overgrown. It is pg-launchable but not hg-launchable without some work. So if it looks like east winds for the fly-in, we'll need to get a small crew out there to do some clearing if we want to fly there.
Jeff Eggers
CHGPA President
USHPA 82627
FCC KK4QMQ
eggzkitz

Post by eggzkitz »

There has been a suggestion that the Fly-In can also serve as a kind of "Swap Meet" where people can bring out some old gear for exchange or sale. So rummage through the garage or closet and see if you have anything you may want to get rid of and post it here.

And please RSVP if you have not yet done so!

Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff Eggers
CHGPA President
USHPA 82627
FCC KK4QMQ