McConnellsburg Hang Gliding and Paragliding Festival

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

hang_pilot

Post by hang_pilot »

No, it's not just a rumor, the 13th Annual McConnellsburg Hang Gliding and Paragliding Festival -- aka The Pulpit Fy-in -- is REALLY scheduled for this weekend.

Prices are the same as last year: $25 in advance, $30 day of. Add $5 for dinner and beer Saturday evening and $5 for each set of 3 extra raffle tickets. New this year, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE PRESENT TO WIN at the raffle. There is no excuse not to support this event.

Register now! The on-line Paypal registration form is up at http://www.chgpa.net/hgfest/register.html. I am suggesting that you consider $45 as your absolute MINIMUM total fee. Please read on to see why.

Remember that this is a fund raising event with proceeds benefiting the McConnellsburg Volunteer Fire Department. Sadly, from time to time we in the free-flight world have had to call on their rescue services. It is therefore fitting that as a community we should give back to the squad through the festival.

We will have another awesome prize raffle. Prizes are still arriving, but let me highlight three very cool items:

1) 10 tow pack (retail value = $175), courtesy of Highland Aerosports, http://www.aerosports.net/hangglide.html;

2) Kestrel 1000 digital pocket wind meter (retail value = $89), courtesy of Nielsen-Kellerman, http://www.nkhome.com/ww/1000/1000.html;

3) Rodeo Goggles by Blueye (retail value = $64.95) courtesy of Flytec, http://www.flytec.com/ap_acc.html.

Your chances of winning one of these exciting prizes are very good. Again, even if you are unable to attend, you can win. So please support this event.

If you have any questions, please e-mail me at president@chgpa.org.

Thanks in advance and see you at the Festival!

Fly high,
Daniel
cell 301.275.6584

P.S. If you want to register, can't attend and do not have Paypal access, I'll submit a form for you and you can mail me a check. Send me an e-mail if that's the case: president@chgpa.org.
brianvh

Post by brianvh »

I haven't found a list of volunteers. I usually try to volunteer for bringing and setting up trash bags, but Judy often beats me to it! :). anyway, I don't know if I'm officially volunteered for anything. Could a list be posted?

Also, we have all the left over plasticware, plates, cups, catsup and mustard in little bags, etc left over from the High Rock party. We had talked about it before, but I wanted to post publicly so that anyone who was assigned to that may know that they may not need to bring anything. We'll transfer funds and Bob and Sparky will get stuff out of their garages. I'll make phone calls tonight and make sure that's all straightened out.
Brian Vant-Hull
Matthew

Pulpit Fly-In

Post by Matthew »

Brian,

Karen and I are buying the food. I nominate you to help Linda with registration becasue you know eveyone's names so well.

Matthew
Spark

Post by Spark »

brianvh wrote:I ...

Also, we have all the left over plasticware, plates, cups, catsup and mustard in little bags, etc left over from the High Rock party. We had talked about it before, but I wanted to post publicly so that anyone who was assigned to that may know that they may not need to bring anything. We'll transfer funds and Bob and Sparky will get stuff out of their garages. I'll make phone calls tonight and make sure that's all straightened out.
Affirmative ... I will bring a trailer to Pulpit on Friday afternoon, containing the assorted accoutrements, a gas grill (including propane), garbage bags, and firewood.

Perhaps I will fly something. Perhaps I will assemble the old 17' standard. I will camp. I will make a fire and get out my guitar and play ...

.... The Cape - The Cape - Guy Clark/Susanna Clark/Jim Janosky

Eight years old with flour sack cape
Tied all around his neck
He climbed up on the garage
Figurin? what the heck
He screwed his courage up so tight
The whole thing come unwound
He got a runnin? start and bless his heart
He headed for the ground

Chorus : He?s one of those who knows that life
Is just a leap of faith
Spread your arms and hold you breath and
Always trust your cape

All grown up with a flour sack cape
Tied all around his dream
He?s full of piss and vinegar
He?s bustin? at the seams
He licked his finger and checked the wind
It?s gonna be do or die
He wasn?t scared of nothin?, boys
He was pretty sure he could fly

Chorus

Old and grey with a flour sack cape
Tied all around his head
He?s still jumpin? off the garage
And will be till he?s dead
All these years the people said
He?s actin? like a kid
He did not know he could not fly
So he did

Chorus
'Spark
markc

Post by markc »

Another point or two about Fly-In registration:

If you know you cannot attend this year, please consider pre-registering
for the event anyway! Your $25 gets you a shirt and 10 raffle tickets.
And we'll keep track of 'absentee raffle winners' if they pre-register. So
you can still participate and support this fund-raising event, *and* have
a decent chance at winning a prize, *and* get a shirt, even if you can't
be there.

For those who do plan to be there, but aren't pre-registering : please
take a moment to print out the hard-copy registration form, fill it out,
and bring it along with you on Saturday. The on-site registration process
will go quicker if you do.

Links to on-line and hard-copy registration can be found at the
Fly-In website:

http://chgpa.org/HGFest/hgfest.html

Thanks for your attention and support!

--mark c.

PS: Kudos to Ralph for making the on-line registration possible!
Gene

Registration

Post by Gene »

I just registered and it was really easy, thanks Ralph. I will not make the fly-in and will watch the forum wishing I was there. Looking forward for the posts and pictures. Gene
hang_pilot

Post by hang_pilot »

Thanks, Gene! That's a great attitude.

~Daniel

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 8:43 PM
To: hg_forum@chgpa.org
Subject: McConnellsburg Hang Gliding and Paragliding Festival

I just registered and it was really easy, thanks Ralph. I will not
make the fly-in and will watch the forum wishing I was there. Looking
forward for the posts and pictures. Gene

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Seeing Beyond Money is a service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]
Scott

Post by Scott »

Umm...I seem to have misplaced my Pulpit helmet sticker (not having immediately applied it to my helmet!). I'm sure I paid, though---can whoever is responsible for these (Dave Bodner?) check that I'm legal and bring a few extra stickers this weekend? Thanks!

Scott
Matthew

Fly-In

Post by Matthew »

David will have records. But for the Fly-In you don't need a sticker to fly if you register for the Fly-In. A temporary flying pass is included as part of the registration fee for visiting pilots.

Matthew
hang_pilot

Post by hang_pilot »

Registration opens at 10 a.m.
?
*Important* Pilot’s meeting at 11 a.m.
?
Call my cell if you have any questions, I’ll be off e-mail by noon tomorrow.
?
~Daniel
?
P.S.? Spoke with an editor at the Hagerstown Herald-Mail, they’re sending a photographer around 1pm. ?
?
301-275-6584 Cellular
?

?
?
?
LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
?
Seeing Beyond Money is a service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]
silverwings

Post by silverwings »

Forecasts are looking very favorable for this entire weekend! Be joining you all today for some flying then teaching on Sunday.
john middleton (202)409-2574 c