Hyner 5/30/16 Memorial Day

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Dunegoon

Hyner 5/30/16 Memorial Day

Post by Dunegoon »

Looks like Hyner will be flyable on Monday. I'll probably go up very early to to get a couple of flights in before afternoon conditions. Anyone interested?

CF
theflyingdude

Re: Hyner 5/30/16 Memorial Day

Post by theflyingdude »

I heard they had a ceremony yesterday for Jesse Fulkersin and then Ed Messina flew and scattered his ashes. The day before, Bob Beck and Steve Kricton got about 45 minutes and there may have been sporadic sleds.

JR
Dunegoon

Re: Hyner 5/30/16 Memorial Day

Post by Dunegoon »

The short story:

Got there by 9:30 am nice launchable conditions. The best morning of the weekend and almost everyone was gone?

Did not get to fly until about 12:30 waiting to get enough people to launch. Really wanted to fly before OD in the afternoon. Had a nice extendo followed by Steve and Pat. It was good to get a little airtime. As they were landing conditions got a little more challenging. Had to rush to get my car and things put away and inadvertently left my GoPro over by the large windsock. If anyone happens to drop by there maybe take a look for it? Damn. Guess it will be lawnmower fodder.

Not much change to the LZ tree situation at this point. Land in the widest part of the field if possible and choose your flying/landing conditions carefully.

It was nice to be out and good quick road trip. Even in the torrential rain on the way home. So ends another HG adventure.
CF