Motion picture of an amazing week

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

tomceunen

Motion picture of an amazing week

Post by tomceunen »

This is a video about a paragliding competition in Roldanillo, Valle de Cauca, Colombia.
It gives a chronological story about the competition and key events that happened.
This 8 days event took place in January 2016 and was labelled the 2nd Colombian Open FAI II Roldanillo 2016.
Each year paragliding conditions take place in Roldanillo. This event was extraordinary as the flying conditions were very good all along.
This is my first long produced movie of any kind (42min). Despite its long, it got more than 1000 views in less than 2 days.
The video rendering was done with Sony Vega on my laptop and took almost 5h and I had do several runs. I filmed the scenes with two pocket cameras, a Sony and a Canon (for in air scenes).
As I was actively competing I had to find a good balance between filming and competing.
I want to thank my family to give me the freedom to compete overseas while the home front was hit by a major snowstorm.
Thanks also to Cesar Rengifo, Glenn Meurrens, Wim De Croock and Joanna Di Grigoli for support.
Finally also thanks to all pilots and organizers who were so nice to allow interviews and pose for this video.
https://vimeo.com/album/3790669/video/154808218

Enjoy watching!
krryerson

Re: Motion picture of an amazing week

Post by krryerson »

Tom,
Great movie and would love going there flying. You always makes some great movies/documentaries.
Did backpacking through that region (bus) in Oct of 1995, but at that time did not know about any large HG communites in Columbia.
FARC was also a problem and more... .
Does days it was all about getting to Governador Valadares.
Wish I knew about Roldanillo and would have looked into it.
Knut
alek

Post by alek »

Nice one, Tom! And no selfie?
tomceunen

Post by tomceunen »

Alek, the scene 8AM going up in the truck with others, that one counts as a selfie I guess.