Bills Hill - I lost my GPS

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Marcel Dettling

Bills Hill - I lost my GPS

Post by Marcel Dettling »

Hi there,

The PG group flew at Bills Hill today. Conditions were not overwhelming, most flights resulted in sled rides or extendos at best. The big exception was Tom Ceunen, who miraculously went to cloudbase from about 100-150ft AGL over the LZ. He then flew above our heads for hours, very well done!

For me, it was kind of an unlucky day. Besides two not so exciting flights, I lost my GPS. It's a Garmin Geko 201, green-yellow color. I don't think it happened in flight, so I must have lost it at launch, or in the LZ, when I kited my wing overhead from the point where I landed down to the road. I'm about 95% sure that I've lost it in the LZ, but despite several hours of search, we couldn't find it anymore.

So if someone comes across it by any chance, I would be more than happy to have it back. If switched on, it will show my name and address.

Best regards,

Marcel
tomceunen

Bills

Post by tomceunen »

http://members.cox.net/comppg/Breezewood2005/index.html

Without vario quite low save and +7000 feet asl for couple of hours with landing next to the restaurant, what a day...