Ridgely Sunday

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Matthew

Ridgely Sunday

Post by Matthew »

Looks like a day at the tow park on Sunday to me.

Matthew
Rich E

Re: Ridgely Sunday

Post by Rich E »

Me too, plus I will hopefully be bringing a new pilot along, Erika, who posted on our FB page
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

We have a Facebook page???

EGAD!!!

Please tell me we're not on LinkedIn.

Matthew
Eric

Post by Eric »

I plan to be there to work into mid-day starting with sled runs in the morning. If John teaches at Taylor Farm on Monday, I might be out there too. Now that I have my H2, I need to get cleared by John, so you guys can throw me off the mountain.

Eric (aka Anthony's brother)
New H2, AT, FL
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

BIG CONGRATS ERIC!!!

Matthew
Dunegoon

Post by Dunegoon »

FYI. Better check to see if the tug will be operational. Ward reported there were some issues earlier in the week.
Ward Odenwald

Post by Ward Odenwald »

The Tug has been repaired (see Knut's post on the Highland, Thursday Oct 8 thread).
markc

Post by markc »

Eric, great job, congrats on your II! Flying bro's, very cool! :D
krryerson

Post by krryerson »

Great job Eric!
Yes, just a minor problem on the tug on Thursday and it was fixed.
Seems like Ridgely might be the best "local" option after all, for this Sunday (80 miles), and might be going back on Sunday too. Will know for sure tomorrow night.
Knut
markc

Post by markc »

Yup, now leaning toward Highland on Sunday as well, direction at the Pulpit seems to be tanking... But we'll see what we see!
silverwings

Post by silverwings »

Might be good to check with Highland because they may have a lot of tandems scheduled. Please report what they say.
john middleton (202)409-2574 c
g.sessa

Post by g.sessa »

Count me in for Highland on Sunday!
Greg Sessa
Eric

Post by Eric »

I talked to Adam. He said the tug is good to go, told me to come out, and said he and Sunny expect a lot of solos and tandems tomorrow.
New H2, AT, FL
Brit_in_SoMD

Post by Brit_in_SoMD »

Me too.
Brit_in_SoMD

Post by Brit_in_SoMD »

Probably going to drive over tonight so can get ahead of the line tomorrow!
Angelyn's not coming - girl's weekend in Philly - so we'd better all make it round whatever triangle we set tomorrow!
jimrooney

Post by jimrooney »

Angelyn's not coming. Booo :(
Brit_in_SoMD

Post by Brit_in_SoMD »

Well now I know where I stand in the scheme of things!
Glider loaded, just gear to grab and then on my way over, via Wendy's obviously, as i'm unsupervised :-P
krryerson

Post by krryerson »

Will be going to Ridgely on Sunday too. Knut
markc

Post by markc »

Great day and a great crowd at Highland today! Hmmmm.... SteveK, JoeG, TimB, Brad, RichE, RichardM, JohnM, KarenC, MatthewG, GregS, JohnD, Vasil(sp?) from Phil, Knut, and Erica (new to the area, from CA, first solo aerotow woo-hoo!). Apologies to anyone I forgot! Plus the Highland Gang, as always, making it possible for all of us :-)

I flew twice, didn't seem to connect very well to be honest, and less than stellar landings. Damn, just wasn't firing on all C's today. Broken lift, all blue, an inversion capping things at about 3k. But in spite of that, many multi-hour flights were had, in particular GregS and JohnM, way to go!

Glad I went, good day, happy pilots!

MarkC
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Yes. A surprisingly good day.

Got 42 minutes on my first flight and an hour and a half on the second flight. Broke a weak link at 1000 ft on second flight, but kept on climbing.

Lots of gaggle flying that made things a bit on the edge. Ran away from the gaggle a couple of times, only to find others zoom in on me when I started to climb. But I was just as bad as everyone else.-- pimping off of RichE once -- and pimping off my wife twice -- when they broke away from the gaggles.

Big thanks to Mark for the ride to Ridgely, to Greg for the ride home, and also Knut for the offer for a ride home.

Matthew
darbbb

Post by darbbb »

What a nice day at the flight park. I flew only once, as I had a long drive home, but it was a beautiful 44 minute flight, topping out between 2500-3000 agl, on a totally blue day. Crisp air, lots of wings aloft, and being pelted by corn stalks....fall flying doesn't get much better!

Brad
Erika

Post by Erika »

Hey,
It was great meeting everyone Sunday! Thanks for all your support on my first aerotow solo (yay working towards that aerotow rating finally!), and to Rich for driving me out there ridiculously early in the morning, and to John D for setting me up with a glider already!! I'm working in DC for the next year before returning to LA and wasn't sure how much I'd be able to fly here, but hopefully now, a lot! Looking forward to seeing everyone around!

Erika

PS No car unfortunately, so would greatly appreciate carpools from Arlington/DC area; happy to split gas etc of course:)