Fly-in Attempt #2: Sep 19-20

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

jamestraylor

Re: Fly-in Attempt #2: Sep 19-20

Post by jamestraylor »

We're not going to make it. The wife would be on board for a couple of hours of flying but it's Football season in the household this time of year on Saturdays. I'll try and clean out the carburetor on my ppg to be ready for next time. Besides, I'm a little bummed that I had to send my new vario back to flymaster because the GPS wouldn't work. Enjoy the BBQ!
Dan T

Re: Fly-in Attempt #2: Sep 19-20 - Let's Party!

Post by Dan T »

I've got a pair of loppers and a paraglider. I"m leaving in an hour and will be there by one o'clock.

By the way I remember a day when we are all stopped at a cafe/bar after a great day of flying High Rock. The pro basketball finals were on TV, Michael Jordan was playing his last game before retiring, there was two minutes left in the game after the last person finished eating and drinking, and not a single one of us stayed to watch the finish. Friends and flying were more important to all of us.

What has happened to us? Watching a football game on TV or complaining about not having a vario with a working GPS is no excuse. Every one of our sites are in need of maintenance and repair. If we can't keep our club together for an event like this, we aren't going to have one much longer!

Dan
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

That makes six of us according to my head count. Where are the H2s and P2s? Where's Bacil????????

It now looks launchable at the Pulpit around 6pm.

Matthew
markc

Post by markc »

I'll swing by the Pulpit today : Heading to Pgh for Sun/Mon anyway....
Dan T

Post by Dan T »

While I was just about to reach the river separating Virginia from Maryland on 495 west, I got a call from my wife saying my elderly mother was in the hospital and I was needed right away. I called Mark C and informed him that I had to turn around.

It turns out that the issue that put her there was thankfully not life threatening but it has required my attention all day anyway. I'm sorry I'm missing the fly in. I hope you all have a great time, get some pics of the sparklers and maybe even get a few flights in.

I'm sorry I missed it. Give us some reports that it was flyable and maybe we will pay less attention to the damn weather reports in the future.

Dan
markc

Post by markc »

Fun day hanging with Matthew & Karen, Matt, and Dave. Some PG flying late, will let them tell their tales! :-)