Weekend Flyin' 8/22-23

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Matthew

Weekend Flyin' 8/22-23

Post by Matthew »

Looks N-NE and strong-ish on Saturday.

Light N turning S on Sunday.

Thinking of Ridgely on Sunday.

Anyone else?

Matthew
silverwings

Re: Weekend Flyin' 8/22-23

Post by silverwings »

May go on Sunday. Winds might be light in early afternoon which is good but thermal lift is only so-so for the day. Will check Sunday morning.
john middleton (202)409-2574 c
jamestraylor

Post by jamestraylor »

I'm up for anything! let me know.
George

Post by George »

Krista and I are heading to Blue Mountain Saturday morning arriving early to Kite and use the practice hill then hope to launch for thermal/ridge flying around 11pm. Anyone going please touch base with Terry Bono at Pennsylvania Paragliding to sign a waiver and pony up 10 bucks or join the club up there.

George
markc

Post by markc »

I'll probably give Highland a try on Sunday. Hourly sfc has been dropped by a few miles an hour.... Could be good, so glider's on the truck and the tank is top9ed off!
Dunegoon

Post by Dunegoon »

Headed to Highland on Sunday. Packed and ready to go. ETA 10:30 AM
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Hmmm....

Your ETA is our ETD.

Gonna have some coffee on the balcony-- a nice breakfast-- read the Sunday paper--- ease into the morning.

Matthew
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Another fun day at Highland. Didn't miss anything by getting there late. Lots of high cirrus when we arrived and most everyone was sitting around waiting for the sum to come out-- which it did after we finished setting up.

Had three flights --22 minutes-- spinning around with John Middleton-- almost an hour by myself because the tug broke after it towed me up--- and then 42 minutes thermalling with Mark and Karen and Matt C. after the tug was fixed. Only got up to 3K in the light lift. Charlie and a couple of guys in Falcons also flew. Red Blue Richard had a great flight going XC somewhere. And Geoff Mumford is back and had a couple of good flights.

Matthew