Parachute Repack Status Saturday at Blue Sky

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

CraginS

Post by CraginS »

We are on a maybe status for the repack on Saturday at Blue Sky.

I talked to Steve, and he is ready for us to show up. However, I need to get the box of supplies from Ellis. I left phone messages for her a few minutes ago.
If I can confirm possession of the supplies, especially the rubber bands and small bungee, we will be good to go.

Ellis, call me please at 703-922-6472 (h) or 703-772-660 (cell)
If Ellis has already left for school for the weekend, we will have to reschedule.

I apologize for not grabbing the gear box from Ellis earlier. This glitch is my fault, not hers. I forgot she is on a variable schedule here in town with her Charlottesville travel.

Cragin
dbodner

Post by dbodner »

If Ellis is there, I'm close so I can pick up the box.

On Sep 8, 2005, at 9:56 PM, CraginS wrote:

>
> We are on a maybe status for the repack on Saturday at Blue Sky.
>
> I talked to Steve, and he is ready for us to show up. However, I
> need to get the box of supplies from Ellis. I left phone messages
> for her a few minutes ago.
> If I can confirm possession of the supplies, especially the rubber
> bands and small bungee, we will be good to go.
>
> Ellis, call me please at 703-922-6472 (h) or 703-772-660 (cell)
> If Ellis has already left for school for the weekend, we will have
> to reschedule.
>
> I apologize for not grabbing the gear box from Ellis earlier. This
> glitch is my fault, not hers. I forgot she is on a variable
> schedule here in town with her Charlottesville travel.
>
> Cragin
>
CraginS

Chute Pack at Blue Sky is ON for 9/10

Post by CraginS »

I just spoke with Ellis's rommate, and will be picking up our supplies after lunch.

For tomorrow:
If you have been at Blue Sky and are fmiliar with teh lay out, we will be able to hang from the hang bar newr the pavilian for throwing practice. It may not give enough room for full rough and tumble twirling, but will work.

We encourage everyone who can to fly while there.
If you are already AT rated, get in line and Fly Tex! (or Bily). Steve tells me he has 8 tandems scheduled, so there will not be any chance to work on a new AT rating tomorrow.

Obviously, platform (truck) rated pilots wlll be able to fly off of Steve's truck. If you wish to begin training for a platform launch sign off, let Steve know, preferably before you go down, but otherwise when you arrive. His ability to put new students on the truck will be a function of crowd, wind conditions, etc. He cannot promise a first time truck lesson, but will certainly get you going if possible. As in most new launch training, he likes to work in benign conditions, so inital truck training is often very late in the afternoon when things are calming down.

The previously posted list of things to bring is good.

See you ther
cragin
brianvh

Post by brianvh »

Since the hangers have much less space than at Ridgely, we may be doing
much of the repack outdoors on plastic sheets. In the morning and late
afternoon the wind should be low enough to allow this.

Brian Vant-Hull
301-646-1149

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, CraginS wrote:

>
> I just spoke with Ellis's rommate, and will be picking up our supplies after lunch.
>
> For tomorrow:
> If you have been at Blue Sky and are fmiliar with teh lay out, we will be able to hang from the hang bar newr the pavilian for throwing practice. It may not give enough room for full rough and tumble twirling, but will work.
>
> We encourage everyone who can to fly while there.
> If you are already AT rated, get in line and Fly Tex! (or Bily). Steve tells me he has 8 tandems scheduled, so there will not be any chance to work on a new AT rating tomorrow.
>
> Obviously, platform (truck) rated pilots wlll be able to fly off of Steve's truck. If you wish to begin training for a platform launch sign off, let Steve know, preferably before you go down, but otherwise when you arrive. His ability to put new students on the truck will be a function of crowd, wind conditions, etc. He cannot promise a first time truck lesson, but will certainly get you going if possible. As in most new launch training, he likes to work in benign conditions, so inital truck training is often very late in the afternoon when things are calming down.
>
> The previously posted list of things to bring is good.
>
> See you ther
> cragin
>
brianvh

parachute repack a GO!

Post by brianvh »

Cragin has just informed me that he's secured the repack materials from Ellis' room-mate, so we are good to go for the repack. We will be stretching out plastic sheets on the ground rather than going with tables, so the charge will likely only be $5 a person. And you won't want to miss the traditional Manquin bonfire (camping fees apply, as they do at Ridgely).

Cragin will post final details when he gets home around 4 pm.
Brian Vant-Hull
markc

Post by markc »

Is anyone interested in carpooling down to Manquin
for the repack today?

--mark c.

301-807-5414