New Paragliding Member -- Charlie Givans

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

charlieg

Post by charlieg »

Greetings. I just returned from 2 weeks in Torrey Pines where I took a concentrated course resulting in my P-2 rating. A great 2 weeks -- I ended up with 66 flights and over 16 hours of flight time. :D I've yet to fly anywhere else - all I've done is ridge flying at Torrey. I plan to be at the Pulpit fly-in on Sept 17-18. I understand from Matt Graham that as a P-2 I'll need an observer, but it shouldn't be a problem.
I live in Great Falls, VA. I'm looking forward to meeting folks and finding more about flying here on the East Coast.
Marcel Dettling

Post by Marcel Dettling »

Welcome and congratulations to your flights, Charlie!
hang_pilot

Post by hang_pilot »

Hi, Charlie-

Welcome to the wonderful world of free-flight and congratulations on your P2!

Paragliding pilots are outnumbered by hang gliding pilots in this area, but the pg numbers are growing! We currently have just two active, local paragliding observers. So if you haven't already, you should contact them ahead of the Fly-in this weekend to introduce yourself and make arrangements.

Here is their contact information:

Ellis Kim 703-536-3209 pink.albatross@gmail.com
Allen Sparks 301-766-0485 allensparks@yahoo.com

Send me an e-mail off-list to president@chgpa.org and I'll forward to you a guide we have for P2's and H2's on working with observers.

Looking forward to meeting you at the Fly-in,
Daniel

cell 301.275.6584