Leaving the area, wishing everyone the best

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

hang_pilot

Leaving the area, wishing everyone the best

Post by hang_pilot »

So this is farewell for now to all of my CHGPA and MHGA hang gliding and paragliding friends.

My family and I are relocating to Tallahassee, Fl where I will join the faculty of the School of Business at Florida State University as an assistant professor of real estate.

Now onto the important part: Tallahassee is 3.5 hours away from the Orlando flight parks and 6.5 hours away from Henson’s Gap. Not exactly convenient, but considering some of the other places where I applied to work, it could have been worse. If you are planning a trip to either, please let me know: 301.275.6584, daniel.broxterman@gmail.com..

I’ve had so many life expanding experiences with hang gliding and paragliding and want to thank you all for being a big part of that, especially my instructors, John and 'Spark, and Matthew who gave me my H3.

Blue skies with perfect cloud streets to you all.

Fondly,
Daniel

P.S. Please remember to contribute to the Emma Jane fundraiser.
P.S.S. Thanks to the current CHGPA board for your efforts to keep open, reopen, and improve our local mountain sites.
markc

Re: Leaving the area, wishing everyone the best

Post by markc »

Good luck Daniel and Charlotte! We're going to miss you!

For those that don't know, Daniel organized some of our Pulpit Fly-Ins, with raffles that included awesome prizes. I think that the highest-valued might have been one of his, with $2000 or more up for grabs? An organizer par-excellence, to be sure.

I hear that Charlotte will be commuting back to DC periodically for work, so my hope is that we'll get to see them at a local flying site, at least someday.

Congratulations on landing that tenure-track position Daniel, woo-hoo! And congrats to the two of you on your second child (daughter, 3 months). Guess everything is happening at once eh? ;-) Hang in there!

MarkC
Last edited by markc on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimrooney

Post by jimrooney »

Safe travels mate. You'll be missed.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

We'll miss you man!!!!

Thanks for making CHGPA a better club with your service as President and newsletter editor... and all of the work at the fly-ins and site clean-ups.

Congrats on the new job!

Matthew
markc

Post by markc »

Here's an issue of Skyline from Daniel's tenure as president:

http://www.chgpa.org/skyline/skyline_2005-spring.pdf
kcarra

Post by kcarra »

Hi Daniel

I've missed the days when we would carpool together. You were always great company. Hope you enjoy your new job and please come back and visit!

Karen
Karen Carra
silverwings

Post by silverwings »

Daniel & family, sorry to have you leave our area but wish you all the best. Keep us informed if you will.
john middleton (202)409-2574 c
mcgowantk

Post by mcgowantk »

Daniel

Best of luck with the new job! Sounds like a great opportunity. Take care and wishing all the best for you and your family.

Tom McGowan
Lauren Tjaden

Post by Lauren Tjaden »

You were-- and are-- so much fun, so kind, and such an asset to the club. We sure had some great times.
Wishing you all success and sending you love.
Lauren and Paul
mcelrah

Post by mcelrah »

Daniel,

The world is small - we will meet again. Big congratulations on taking care of "bidness".

Au revoir my friend,

Hugh
Richard Hays

Post by Richard Hays »

So sorry to hear you are leaving. You were/are a class act and will be sorely missed.....

Richard Hays