Sunday July 5th At Highland Aerosports, XC?

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

krryerson

Sunday July 5th At Highland Aerosports, XC?

Post by krryerson »

Today’s forecasts are suggesting that Sunday now will be great. If the predictions don’t change, I’ll now be able to go on Sunday. Anyone interested in some XC flying on Sunday? Weather forecast: Sunny, despite a few afternoon clouds, winds ENE at 5-10 mph. Knut
mcgowantk

Re: Sunday July 5th At Highland Aerosports, XC?

Post by mcgowantk »

I hope to get out on Sunday.

Tom McGowan
Samlak2

Post by Samlak2 »

For those of you able to make it out on Sunday, I promise it'll be a day to be remembered. Even better, we are having a big bonfire and fireworks display Saturday night for the 4th and for Bertrand.

-Sami
krryerson

Post by krryerson »

Will be there on Saturday night for the big bonfire and fireworks display for Bertrand.
Knut
markc

Post by markc »

I have commitments on Sat, but hoping to arrive at Highland around 11:15pm. Might be able to contribute a small second-round of sparklers, as part of the remembrance. Will definitely hang out that night, and on Sunday!

MarkC

PS: Just checked the stash.... It's not great, but it should do for a bit of fun after the main event. Bringin' it all!
krryerson

Post by krryerson »

Great day today at Highland., many pilots and also a very touching memorial Saturday night! More to come later... . Knut
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Good day at Ridgley. Everyone who flew soared-- Tom M., Steve, Knut, Karen, Bunkhouse Bob, Richard, other Richard with the half blue/half red Sport 2, and several other non-mountain, non-CHGPA pilots. Our friend David Zuchero, former HG pilot and MD's best winemaker, came out and took a tandem. I got 25 minutes on my first flight, sinking out with a couple of other gliders. Got a little over an hour and a half on the second flight-- made it to 3700' and spent most of the flight at cloud base.

Mark C, and John S. were also there but did not fly due to too much Saturday night.

Matthew
markc

Post by markc »

As it turned out, Sami felt that the moment was right, and scattered some of Bertrand's ashes during a tandem flight on Sunday, from both above and below the clouds. Many onlookers from the ground, including both flying and non-flying friends, as well as family. Awesome video footage shared later that night. Perfect. Bertrand would have approved! :D

MarkC