Used book finds...

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Scott

Used book finds...

Post by Scott »

While poking around Wonder Book & Video in Hagerstown tonight (one of my favorite places to hang out), I came across two ancient hang gliding books, both of which I grabbed!

The first is: The Complete Book of Hang Gliding, by D.S. Halacy, Jr., 1975. The second is Hang Gliding and Soaring: A Complete Introduction to the Newest Way to Fly, by James E. Mrazek, 1976.

Both of these books are a treasure of old photos, names, schools, old glider designs, and other historical info from the early days of the sport. I've been amazed looking through the books at how much has changed...and how much is the same. Of course, I'm also wondering how many of you old-timers out there might actually be in some of these photos! :) (Or know the people who are.)

I'd like to scan the photos in these books and post them online...but don't know if anyone would actually have a fit over copyright regs (?). Seems silly that anyone would, but this is America.

Scott