Introduction

For topics that don't fit into any of the other forums: politics, rant-n-raves, cool web sites, anything and everything goes!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

billyjoe

Introduction

Post by billyjoe »

My name is Bill Finn. I live and aero-tow in the Chicago area. Larry Bunner and I have been talking about getting several Chicago area pilots together for flying trip out your way. Typically around here, we all think of Tennessee for our getaway flying. I've been itching to fly in Pennsylvania for a long time. Maybe we can make it happen this summer.

Over the years, I've flown lots of different aircraft (airplanes, sailplanes, SuperFloater, trikes) but it was Hang Gliding that really hooked me. I'm a H4 and I started flying HG in '83 at LMFP. I was 46 at the time. I fly an HPAT 160 when it's honking or when I want to range out and a new Falcon 195 when I just want to want boat around. I've had several injuries to my right shoulder over the years (dislocation and torn rotator cuff) so lately and as I promised my long-suffering wife of 48 years, I've been landing on my wheels as often as conditions allow. It seems more age appropriate and I've come around and now look forward to rolling in. :-)

I hope we can put this expedition together and fly some of your beautiful sites. Bun thinks you guys are the best! See ya,

Bill
dbodner

Re: Introduction

Post by dbodner »

Welcome Bill,

Bun's right; we are the best. :mrgreen:

According to USHPA, you're member #38,972, and you seem to have all the requirements down. As your trip gets closer, keep in touch. Post in one of the "where are we flying today" threads, and someone should reach out to you.

And if no one's flying the mountains when you're out here, you can tow at Highland Aerosports or Blue Sky
David Bodner
Dan T

Re: Introduction

Post by Dan T »

Bill,

Larry Bunner has a lot of friends in this part of the country. I count myself among them. If you guys can give us some advance notice I'm sure we can arrange a pretty good turnout. When you post again put it in the main "flying" topics rather than General Discussions. It will get read by more people there.

Oh and tell Bun that Edith's Gap is calling his name. It still hasn't been flown by any topless HGs. The PG pilots are figuring it out and are pulling some pretty good XCs out of there.

Dan T