Great Labor Day Weekend Flying

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Matthew

Great Labor Day Weekend Flying

Post by Matthew »

Every year we go on vacation around Labor day and every year there's a great Bill's Hill Day. This year you will not only have a great Bill's Day on Monday, Labor Day. You'll also have great flying at The Pulpit, High Rock, Hyner and Ridgely on Saturday and great flying at Hyner, Sac and Ridgley on Sunday.

Enjoy!!!

Matthew
dhenders

Post by dhenders »

Where do you see a Monday forecast for Bill's?
batmanh3

Post by batmanh3 »

I'm taking advantage of the weather on Saturday at Ridgely and heading down to NAS Pax River for the Blue Angels air show on Sunday. I'm seeing NE in Breezewood on Monday, but if it comes around further to the E, I'd be up for Bills.

C
hanging3

Post by hanging3 »

PULPIT SATURDAY!!!!!!
BE THERE EARLY!!!!!!

(who wants to watch a bunch of navy pilots in trainer jets...oops thats the airforce.)

Come on out and fly yourself....its alot more fun.
joe b
hanging<10
batmanh3

Post by batmanh3 »

I have to go to Ridgely on Saturday so I can pick up my new harness before I can fly in the mountains. If Bills or Jacks is doable on Monday, I might be convinced to come out to the Mountains, although it will cost a fortune to drive to the mountains now!

C
Spark

Post by Spark »

batmanh3 wrote:I have to go to Ridgely on Saturday so I can pick up my new harness before I can fly in the mountains. ... C
Am I hearing an echo from last Friday? :lol:

I lived in the Pensacola NAS vicinity (left because of hurricanes) and got to watch the Blue Angels practice over the island where I worked. I also lived in Vegas and saw the T-birds a bunch. The Blue Angels are the best. :!:

I'll be at Pulpit on Friday morning, then to Hyner for Friday Saturday and Sunday. If it looks good for Jacks or Bills, I'll catch one of 'em on Monday.
'Spark
batmanh3

Post by batmanh3 »

yes, its an echo ... echo ... echo. It rained all last weekend so I decided not to waste my time driving 4 hours round trip w/o getting a flight in. Saturday looks awesome so there I will be! Hopefully Monday is at an easy mountain site so I can get my butt back in the saddle.

C