Judy-Judy Memorial Fun Fly is GO!

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

dbodner

Re: Judy-Judy Memorial Fun Fly is GO!

Post by dbodner »

Matthew wrote:Good thing no one mentioned how Felix picked his nose during launch.

:)

Matthew
I didn't think he had that special skill sign-off.
David Bodner
FlyingFelix

Post by FlyingFelix »

Haa.
I'll be nice and share my findings next time!
Felix.
chgpa
Site Admin

Post by chgpa »

Conditions at The Pulpit were strong and turbulent on Sunday..... So it's quite possible that a launch video might make a viewer go "Acckkk!". While that same launch might be considered "ok" from those who witnessed it.

OTOH, an "Ackkk!" reaction to the video could actually be an appropriate response. A small mistake in strong conditions can have bad consequences, as we all know.

Whenever I feel I've had a less-than-stellar launch, I try to get feedback from those who were helping me on wirecrew, and then use their feedback to re-examine my launch.

For example, I got a pop from the right on my last launch at Woodstock, which pushed me to the left side of the slot. I HATE that sort of thing.... And my impression at the time was that it was a pretty crappy launch!

But when I asked my crew, the response was "Well, your left wing dropped a bit, but you were on it immediately. No big deal." And the subsequent video seems to back up that impression.

My only point here is that it pays to be critical of your own launch. We all know the feeling of a good/smooth/straight-out launch... And we all know when we do NOT have that feeling..... So in the latter case, ask your flying buddies what they saw, and if they think you could have done better.
POLISH EAGLE

Post by POLISH EAGLE »

It was my first mountain flight since my Bills Hill flight May 02,2013 at which I have broken my arm on landing. I welkome any comments about my flighing technik. You can see my lunch at the Graig's posted vidio (ramp lunch). Generaly when commenting on somebody's technik I try to make sure that the coment is just a statement of facts (from my ventige point) as they relate to my expirience in the subject matter, also timing and audience will be the factor. I try to keep my opinion to my self unless it is soughtout which means that it my be welkomed. IS IT GOING TO BE BENEFICIAL TO THE FLYING COMMUNITY AS A WHOLE? One more thing; DO NOT ever coment on my grammer or spelling becouse my EGO hates it!!!

PS: Pxelix, I have noticed somthing at that vidio that i would like to share with you. Call me and I will share with you and you can decided if it is something worth sharing with the rest of the hangliding community. Krzysztof.
Polonus: Polish Eagle
Krzysztof cell# 301 370-1442
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Hi Krzysztof,

I was on your launch crew. You had a great launch.

Matthew