New pilot in town

All things flight-related for Hang Glider and Paraglider pilots: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers always welcome!

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

Johan

New pilot in town

Post by Johan »

My name is Johan Ohlson. I recently moved from Sweden to Hagerstown. Last weekend I was at Pulpit and High Rock and met a few of you.
I am working on a project at Volvo/Mack. When I moved here I didn’t know about the good flying opportunities here, so I didn´t bring my gear. I am going to Sweden in summer and I will try to bring my glider here after that. Until then I am looking for some equipment to borrow or rent. I have flown for 35 years with several different hang gliders. My current glider is a high performance Laminar Icaro, but I don’t mind flying something else as long as it is in a good safe condition. Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how I can get something to fly until summer.
Hope to see you soon in the air, Johan
johan.ohlson@telia.com
(240) 291-2396
FlyingFelix

Re: New pilot in town

Post by FlyingFelix »

Welcome Johan! Great to hear of new pilots in town.
If you don't have much luck getting some gear to use from other pilots in the area, Highland Aerosports is always a good place to rent everything you need and a cool place to fly http://www.aerosports.net, the flight park is in Ridgely, MD , just past the Bay Bridge - not very close to you but could make for a nice week-end trip.
Looking forward to meeting and flying with you soon at one of our many great flying sites!
Felix.
andybalkphysics

Post by andybalkphysics »

Welcome to the area Johan! I only have the one glider, otherwise I would be glad to help.

-Andy
jimsmess

Post by jimsmess »

There is a Litespeed in western Pennsylvania for sale for 500. In the Oz Report classified. Welcome to the area
John Dullahan

Post by John Dullahan »

Hi Johan,

Welcome to the area! Hopefully you will get to fly several of the launch sites in the MD/VA/PA area. What is your hook in weight? Send me a private message (PM) or give me a call: H (301) 203 8281 C (301) 646 4999

John Dullahan
John Dullahan
markc

Post by markc »

Welcome to the area Johan! I have a 145-ish square foot glider (Pacific Airwave K5) that *might* be OK to fly. It has been sitting on my basement floor for quite a few years, so I wouldn't suggest flying it without a trip to a training hill first. But if this would get you into the air sooner than otherwise, it might be an option.... Let me know if you are interested!

MarkC
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

And I have a knee hanger harness with a stirrup and parachute for someone around 5'10" tall.

Send me an email--- mcgraham20 at hotmail.com

Matthew