USHPA Spring Meeting (notice from Region 9 Director)

For issues related to CHGPA's operations and responsibilities

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

sailin

USHPA Spring Meeting (notice from Region 9 Director)

Post by sailin »

From Region 9 Co-director Larry Dennis:

I will be heading to Colorado Springs, CO in mid-March for the USHPA Spring Board of Directors Meeting. If anyone has items which you would like me to take along to the meeting, please let me know. I will be leaving early on Thursday, March 13th. If you have any questions, please contact me.

Larry Dennis
Co-director
Region 9
Dan T

Re: USHPA Spring Meeting (notice from Region 9 Director)

Post by Dan T »

Larry Dennis can be reached at: ks3h@hotmail.com.

Ben Herrick is our local PG Observer Administrator. He is responsible for maintaining the roster of PG observers in our Region. Part of his responsibilities entail extending the Observer ratings upon their automatic expirations at the end of February. Ben received a request (effectively a demand) from our Region 9 Directors to decline to extend the Observer ratings of two of our members, Lazlo and Tom. The two Directors are Larry Dennis and Felipe Amunategui. Felipe's email address is felipe.amunategui@yahoo.com.

The net result of this will be that the P2s in our chapter will lose two of the most active and available observers that we have. So the penalty imposed upon Tom and Lazlo will actually be carried by our novice pilot members who had nothing to do with the events that resulted in this outcome. Regardless of what wing you fly we were all 2s at one point in our flying career and we all benefitted from the assistance of people like Tom and Lazlo.

Mr. Amunategui has recused himself from any further participation in the matter even though he was the Region 9 Director who initiated that actions against Tom and Lazlo in the first place. That leaves Mr. Dennis as the sole elected Region 9 Director with the authority to reverse course. If you believe that he should do so, I encourage you to write directly to him at the address that I provided at the beginning of this post. It wouldn't hurt to cc Felipe and Richard Hass, our USHPA President. Mr. Hass can be reached at richhass@comcast.net. Both Felipe and Richard have been engaged the USHPA course of action.
Danny Brotto

Post by Danny Brotto »

Hey Dan,

The HG group went through a period of not enough Observers at one time. The solution was to appoint more Observers; anyone qualified was asked to help out. I don't fully understand who's who in the PG world but are we saying that there is no one else qualified to take on the responsibility to fill in? You can be a P3 and "observe" H2s.

Danny Brotto
pvanoevelen

Post by pvanoevelen »

Hi Danny,

We have a few additional volunteers but also folks who thank for the honour as they find the way CHGPA and USHPA are dealing with the revocations/appointments not acceptable. As a current observer I find it also rather hard to swallow how this is being handled and certainly is not helping make it attractive.

Cheers Peter
Peter van Oevelen - RoamingDutchman
P4/T3 Instructor/Observer
M: 202 577 6901