CHGPA OFFICIAL LOGO CONTEST !!!!

For issues related to CHGPA's operations and responsibilities

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

sailin

CHGPA OFFICIAL LOGO CONTEST !!!!

Post by sailin »

CHGPA Members,

We are hoping to update/change our official club logo and we are looking to our membership to get it done!!! Please post your entry in a viewable digital picture format into this thread. There will be no monetary prize. The honor and prestige of designing the official logo of the best free flight club in the world shall suffice :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Deadline for entries is December 1st, 2013. The winner will be determined by secret ballot at our 2013 Christmas Party on December 13th. If you will be unable to attend the Christmas Party but would like to vote, then please tell a BOD member by November 25th so a ballot can be mailed to your address. It will then need to be filled out, mailed, and received at a BOD pre-determined address by December 10th, 2013. Eligible voting persons must be paid up CHGPA and USHPA members. 1 voter per person.

The winning design will become the new official club logo and T-shirts will be made up for purchase (maybe other items as well).

Please post all questions to this thread. I look forward to seeing all the creativity this club has to offer!!!

thanks,

Jon
thermalup
Location: Jim Gibson, currently located in NW Michigan but slowly moving to VA during the next couple of years

Re: CHGPA OFFICIAL LOGO CONTEST !!!!

Post by thermalup »

Greetings Jon,
Sounds like fun. Are eligible logo creators allowed to submit more than one entry? If so, is there a maximum number of submissions per applicant?
..::Jim
sailin

Post by sailin »

Hey Jim, hope you are doing well. Great question. An individual can submit as many entries as they would like....however, they can only vote for one. The more entries for people to look at and choose from the better!!

thanks,
Jon
tomceunen

Post by tomceunen »

How rain can inspire someone!

My logo submittals;

More versions available to vote on here;
https://plus.google.com/photos/11130864 ... 4699213457

Each photo has a unique number bottom right.

Let me know if the link is not available.

Cheers
Tom
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

I vote for Slide4 and Slide10.
Thanks Tom
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

Great design, Tom. I vote for no. 1. Please someone register my vote if I don't make it to the Xmas party. [I know, I have not seen the competing entries, but others would be just wasting their time...]

Laszlo
tomceunen

Post by tomceunen »

This one has more focus on the flying stuff with colors as someone noticed we should give a clear message what we are about.
Let me know how to improve this design or come forward with yours. If you have a sketch or idea and don't know how to present it, I'm happy to help.

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Here is another proposal. I would like integrate some Hills in this logo:

Ward Odenwald

Post by Ward Odenwald »

I like Thomas’ idea of including hills/mountains in the logo and would suggest that we eliminate those buildings from the logo that are brimming with rooftop surface-to-air missiles and snipers. In light of the strong 9/11 memories that persist throughout the country, to the untrained eye or lay public some of the current suggestions could be construed as terrorist attacks. Why not highlight the Massanutten/Woodstock Ridge with us soaring above? Ward
tomceunen

Post by tomceunen »

Ward, I like your idea of the Massanutten/Woodstock Ridge

This said has anyone a picture of the ridge at Woodstock tower. With the tower at flying level in view?
FlyingFelix

Post by FlyingFelix »

Here's one from last winter...not sure if it's usable.
Felix.
thermalup
Location: Jim Gibson, currently located in NW Michigan but slowly moving to VA during the next couple of years

Post by thermalup »

Greetings,
I'd like to submit a .jpg concept. Can anyone please tell me how to do so? (I don't see instructions listed in the forum guidelines).
I'll also be happy to e-mail the .jpg to anyone who can post it.
Thx Much! ..::JG
sailin

Post by sailin »

This post is on behalf of Jim Gibson:
CHGPA_LOGO_03_text_mtn- Gibson.jpg

Comments:
1- it is just a 'sketch'. I don't have any decent graphics programs on my computer so if anyone likes the concept and wants to enhance it .. they are free to do so.
2- The basic theme is that the Bald Eagle encompasses everything about the CHGPA: It is the symbol of our nation and since it is a bird, it unifies the differences between hang gliders and paragliders into one image.
tomceunen

Post by tomceunen »

I like it for sure the mountains, I'm trying to put similar stuff together but I just lack time to make a good design. The eagle is nice but someone noticed that we should give a clear message what this is about and he proposed to clearly show a hang glider and paraglider. We will make both and let the crowd decide :)
Dan T

Post by Dan T »

I like the Capitol building in the logo. We live in a special place. I see no reason why we shouldn't display it. I think the wings should be big enough to be clearly recognized by non-pilots.

Dan T
markc

Post by markc »

FYI : It's really easy to set up a poll within the forums so that people can vote on logos. On vote per person.

It might make sense to decide on a 'close date' for new submissions, and then a timeframe for voting on the design.

Lemme know, easy to do....

PS: There is a stylized logo designed by Ralph S. for the last go around. It lost out to what's currently on the homepage, but was used for CHGPA t-shirts a while back. Abstract PG and HG wings spiralling around the Wash monument. Vector graphics, so scalable for multiple uses. Should this be in the running?

PPS: Vector graphic designs are a BIG help, because you can scale for any use, to any size.
sailin

Post by sailin »

Mark please check out the original post in this thread about deadlines and voting .

Thanks,
Jon
markc

Post by markc »

Cool, thanks Jon!

Having *both* on-line and in-person voting could be a bit problematic, unless someone is willing to step up and combine/reconcile the results of both....

If that person exists...

And/or you want to go with a solely forum-based/poll solution for the voting....

Then please let me know (either way). Forum polls are easy to config.

MarkC
sailin

Post by sailin »

Sweet, Mark that is a great idea with the poll. If you think that we could configure a forum poll so only paid CHGPA club members are able to vote , and once only to keep it fair, then I am all in.
I am a little computer illiterate, is it possible to do a forum poll like that?

Jon
markc

Post by markc »

Well, the problem with the forum-based poll is that it would be open to all forum users, members and non-members alike. We could perhaps cross-ref the results against the club roster after the fact, if the roster has a high percentage of forum usernames within it.... Or, we could just ask non-club members not to vote in the poll, on the theory that most will be honest, and/or that they won't skew the result in a completely bizarre way....
tomceunen

Post by tomceunen »

For the mountain only lovers, well all will give comments and review I hope, there are unique numbers at the right bottom right.
(some just have different colors, to show the colors they can be adjusted)

tomceunen

Post by tomceunen »

someone noticed the make the font on the original design more bold, thanks for the remark!

here you go;

( I believe I will have to make a separate website with all my designs)

Logo fatigue among the viewers?
sailin

Post by sailin »

REMINDER: We will be putting our current logo against all the submissions in this thread, at the annual end of the year Holiday Party on Dec 13th. Come on out, enjoy the festivities and cast your vote!!!!

Jon
mingram

Post by mingram »

Submitting for Patrick Terry. We already agreed the name needs to be changed to "Capital" since that was decided long ago.
Attachments
Logo.jpg
Matt Ingram
CHGPA President
P4 Observer
mingram@vt.edu
mingram

Post by mingram »

Submitting for Peter van Oevelen.
Attachments
Logo2.jpg