**URGENT----BILLS HILL----- URGENT*****

For issues related to CHGPA's operations and responsibilities

Moderator: CHGPA BOD

sailin

**URGENT----BILLS HILL----- URGENT*****

Post by sailin »

Please read ASAP and pass on to all pilots. More to follow as I get some clarification from the Forestry Official. Also can someone please copy and post this in the PG forum (yahoo group) ASAP? Thanks.

Readers digest version (the full email is below all this in bold print):

1) I was email by Steve Keiper, the Forester with PA Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, that is responsible for our use agreement with Buchanan State Forest.

2) Please slow down on ALL Forest Roads. Less than 25mph!!! Tickets will be issued and people will be angered.

3) We are not allowed to do any cutting of live trees without prior permission. Please stop all launch clearing until I get further direction from Steve Keiper on this.

4) Please remove all streamers/windsocks at launch at the end of the day.

5) Steve Keiper reminded me in the email that per our agreement, we must notify the Bureau of Forestry prior to launching from State Forest Land. Please allow me to contact him and get clarification on this and figure out a sensible way to move forward. In the meantime if you are planning to fly Bills Hill then please post on the forum at least 24 hours prior and I will call/email Steve Keiper and let him know. Again, I am going to get clarification on this and hope to have something more sensible in place ASAP.

Please respect the above issues. We do not want to jeopardize our welcome at this site. Thank you in advance. Please pass this on to all pilots.

Below is the actual email he sent me today:

Jonithan,

There are a few items that have come to our attention regarding your groups use of Summit Road (Bills Hill) launch site:

1. We have received complaints regarding some of your group members driving at unsafe speeds on Buchanan State Forest roads. Please remind all of your members that the posted speed limit is 25 mph. Some of your members have been warned but they may be fined if it happens again.
2. This is a reminder that it is a violation of your agreement to cut live trees on State Forest property without prior notification to the Bureau of Forestry. Please make sure your group members are not cutting trees without permission.
3. Flagging hung for wind monitoring must be removed when you leave the site. It begins to accumulate over time.
4. It is also stated in your agreement that your group must notify the Bureau of Forestry prior to launching from State Forest Land. Most times when members of your group are using the site there has been no prior notification.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation in these matters.

Steve Keiper| Forester
PA Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
Bureau of Forestry | Buchanan State Forest, District 2
440 Buchanan Trail
McConnellsburg, PA 17233
mcelrah

Re: **URGENT----BILLS HILL----- URGENT*****

Post by mcelrah »

Done. - hugh
mcelrah

Post by mcelrah »

Need a phone number to call them - I will post it to the PG list. - Hugh
sailin

Post by sailin »

SEE NEW THREAD STARTED ON 10/6/13..titled........""BILLS HILL SITE PROTOCOL UPDATE"""

thanks,
Jon